CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

Finally, his two-week business trip on Europe ended and they are home. Gavin walked out of the car when Felix opened the door for him.

"Welcome home, Sir Gavin," sabay sabay na bati sa kanya ng mga kasambahay na nakahilera sa harap ng pinto ng mansiyon.

Gavin just gave them a nod before entering the house. He stopped at the door for a bit and waited for his children to come down running from the stairs to welcome him home like the usual but they did not.

Tinignan ni Gavin ang mamahaling relo na nasa bisig at tinignan ang oras. He sighed.

It's quite late now. The children must be asleep.

Gavin went upstairs to check on the children. Gavin stopped on his tracks when he saw the nanny coming out from the girls' room with his little Daenerys in her arms.

She's still here?

Gavin can't believe it. Inaasahan ni Gavin na uuwi siyang wala ng nanny ang mga bata o kaya naman ay may iba na itong nanny pero andito pa ang nanny na pinag-iwanan niya sa kanyang mga anak.

Gavin walked near them. What was her name again? Soran? Serene? Serina?

"Ay, nakauwi na po pala kayo, Sir Gavin. Welcome back, po," the nanny greeted him.

"Daddy?" Daenerys lifted her little head from the nanny's shoulder and looked back at him.

"Yes, baby. Your Daddy is home na," the nanny smiled at Daenerys and also looked at him.

"Daddy! You're home! I missed you!" Daenerys stretched her little arms towards him. Kinuha naman ni Gavin ang anak mula sa nanny nito.

"I missed you too, sweetheart," Gavin kissed Daenerys at her forehead. Binalingan naman ng anak niya ang nanny nito.

"Ate Lana, I want to sleep with Daddy this time, is that okay?"

Lana is her name, huh? I thought her name was Soran or some name that start with an 'S'.

"Of course, it's okay! Sleep well, okay? Maaga pa tayo mag wakey-wakey bukas," Lana pinched his daughter's cheek lightly and Daenerys nodded at her then she went in her own room.

Nang makapasok na sila Gavin sa loob ng kwarto niya na nasa dulo ng hallway ay inilapag niya ang anak sa kama at kinumutan ito.

"Sleep here, sweet. Daddy will take a shower first and will sleep with you after, okay?" Daenerys hummed and nodded.

While showering, Gavin thought of what he witnessed earlier. Daenerys was in the arms of Lana which is too unusual. Ayaw ng bunso niya na nagpapabuhat sa iba maliban sa kaniya at sa mga kuya at ate nito. Daenerys also seemed to follow everything that Lana says.

And from their conversation earlier, it seemed like Lana and Daenerys are sleeping together for the past days.

After showering and getting in to his pajamas, Gavin lay down beside his daughter. He looked at Daenerys who was awake and also looking up at him.

"Can't sleep?" hinaplos ni Gavin ang buhok ni Daenerys. Daenerys hugged him.

"Ate Lana sings me a song before I sleep," Daenerys said that stilled Gavin.

"She does that?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Gavin sa anak. Tumango tango naman si Daenerys habang nakanguso at hinahawakan ang mukha niyang may kaunting balbas.

"And you know what, Daddy? Ate Lana always cook our food! My favorite is the veggie that Ate Lana cooked us for the first time," mas nagugulat pang napatingin si Gavin sa anak.

"You eat your veggies now?" he really can't believe it. His children eating vegetables? They would even not eat a meal if they were served vegetables! And Gavin would always trade something just for them to eat vegetables!

"And Ate Lana also took us to that super fun place! I have met so many friends in that place but sadly I don't know when could I meet them again," ngumuso si Daenerys nang maalala ang mga kaibigan na isang beses niya lang nakilala.

Gavin just listened at Daenerys to her stories of what she did in that 'fun place' until she fell asleep. Si Gavin naman ay hindi pa rin makapaniwala sa mga pagbabago at mga naiisip niyang pangyayari sa loob ng dalawang linggo na wala siya sa mansyon.

Kinabukasan ay maagang nagising si Gavin at naligo. Habang naliligo ay narinig niya mula sa labas ang pagbukas ng pinto at paggising ni Lana sa kanyang anak.

Pagkatapos maligo ay nagbihis na siya ng business suit na inihanda ng isa sa mga kasambahay ng mansyon. Lumabas siya ng silid at nadaanan niya ang girls' room. Nakabukas ang pinto ng kwarto.

Gavin saw the children with Lana inside the girls' room. Gavin saw Daenerys and Charlotte looking at themselves through the vanity mirror. Beau and Aurelius were holding their neckties and waiting for Lana to finish doing Aurelia's hair.

"I look so so pretty todaaaay!" Charlotte said as she twirled around in front of the mirror that drew a smile on Gavin's face.

"Hihihi!" Daenerys was giggling.

"Ate Lana, do you think I would do well on our science quiz today?" Aurelius asked the nanny.

"Oo naman! Nag-review tayo kahapon, diba? Kaya makakapasa ka, panigurado yan!" the nanny said encouraging Aurelius.

Gavin just stood there for a while watching his kids interact with each other and to their nanny who was on all smiles. Lana finished doing Aurelia's hair and she turned to fix Aurelius and Beau's necktie. The nanny even fixed Beau's messy hair a bit and smiled at the child.

Watching Lana doing everything for his children made Gavin think of something.

It's as if that Lana sees his children as hers. Like a real mother.

Bumaba si Gavin sa dining area at umupo doon upang antayin ang mga anak. After a few minutes, the children came down with the nanny. The little girls greeted him good morning and kissed him on the cheek while the boys just greeted him before settling down in the table.

Then Aling Ines came out of the kitchen holding his coffee and breakfast. Inilapag ni Aling Ines ang kape at agad naman itong kinuha ni Gavin saka humigop.

Wait, when did we have those colorful plastic plates?

Napamaang na naman si Gavin habang pinagmamasdan ang mga maid na ilapag ang mga makukulay na plato sa lamesa kasama ang isang basong puno ng hot chocolate.

Gavin looked at his breakfast and then to the kids'. Gavin's breakfast was a pancake with maple syrup and a french toast while the children's breakfast was also the same but more creative.

The children's breakfast was two cloud-shaped pancakes with maple syrup and  some mouse head shaped french toast na mayroon pang naka-drawing na mukha. And Gavin is wondering how the hell did they draw  a face on that toast.

"Ate Lana, I don't want to eat Mickey Mouse!" Daenerys pouted as she pointed out the toast with a mouse face.

"But Mr. Mickey Mouse said that you need to eat him so that you would do well on your exams later," malumanay naman na paliwanag ni Lana at inilapit pa ang french toast kay Daenerys.

Gavin just sat there the whole time watching them until they finished and the kids went to school. While even at work, his mind was filled with questions about the nanny and he couldn't focus.

°°°
Hi! Happy reading! Lovelots! 💞

Don't forget to vote and commemt your thoughts!