20 | let the games begin

Start from the beginning

"Ooo, I get breakfast?" 

"Yeah, you know...I'm rewarding you."

"Wow, I must've been good then."

"Yeah, both times."

Chuckling, I followed him to the kitchen and watched him fix my plate. We decided to stay in the kitchen, as moving to the dining table took too much energy at the moment.  Brushing my hair back, I took the plate from him, followed by a cup of lemonade. Looking down, my stomach instantly grumbled at the sight of french toast, bacon and eggs. I wasn't big on having breakfast everyday, but Odell knew french toast was my favorite. I wasn't turning this down.

"What you got going on today?" He asked me, grabbing what was leftover. 

Picking up my phone, I scanned through unanswered text messages. "It looks like my aunt wants me to come in and work tonight, and she wants to meet with everyone before. That isn't until five, though. Other than that, nothing. Maybe catch up on grading assignments."

"Wanna come to the open practice?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I sliced the french toast with the side of the fork. "Sure."

"You sure? You don't have to if you got other things to do."

"No, I want to." I looked up to him and grinned. "I'll come."

"Ok." He smiled. 

"How is it?" 

"What you mean?" 

"You know, like who's all there? Is it just fans, or just family?" 

"A little bit of both, it's an open practice." He scarfed the little bit of food he had left, which wasn't much, and went over to the sink to rinse his used plate and fork off to place in the dishwasher. "What are you worried about?" 

"I don't know." 

"The other girls?" 

"Not really, just wondering how accepting they are to 'new' girls. I don't want any drama, that's all." 

"You watch 'The Game' too much." He shook his head. "Don't worry ya self too much, baby. Just be ya self, if they don't like you, they're hating. Plus, Tabi will be there." 

"Yeah, she does go to a lot of the open practices." 

"Right. You'll be alright. Or take someone with you, like Indigo or you friend from work." 

"I can do that?" 

"Baby, it's an open practice." 

"Sorry." I laughed, handing him my plate once he reached for it. I picked up my cup and took a few sips from it. "I promise, I'll be there and I won't worry anymore." 

 He leaned over and kissed my forehead. "I gotta go home, shower and change."

"You're leaving already?" I poked my bottom lip out. 

"I don't want to, but yeah. Walk me to the door?" He followed me out the kitchen, but darted down the hall in the opposite direction. "Let me not forget my gift."

He poked his head in my guest room, grabbing the painted canvas. Before we could reach the door, a key was stuck into the knob to unlock it on the other side, and the door opened with Indigo walking in.

"Oh shit." She jumped. "Hey, y'all."

"Hey." We said in unison.

"Let me get out y'all way." She laughed, scooting between the two of us.