A Night to Remember

***Italics are song lyrics

"No way is this legit," Betty said as she read the paper Jughead had handed her as they sat in the Blue and Gold office. Aminity took it, reading over it again.

"Well it's a legit threat, but it's definitely not from the real Black Hood."

"Yeah, I doubt he would write something out using scraps of letters from magazines," Aminity looked it. "How long did it take to make this?" she mumbled to herself.

"No, this is a classic Phantom of the Opera tactic," he continued. "Mystery Man sends menacing note demanding a certain diva soprano gets recast or else."

"Well who's to say this letter came from a mystery man at all?" Betty looked up.

"That's a good point."

"A mystery woman who's jealous of the role?" Aminity offered. "Is there anyone in the cast that comes to mind?"

"Actually yes," Betty nodded.

"Well maybe you two can work on this case while you work on the musical."

"And remind me why you aren't working on the musical too?" Betty looked at her.

"Because I'm a shy person who doesn't want to get on stage in front of a bunch of people, let alone sing in front of them."

"There are so many other things you could do though. I mean, Fangs is working with Kevin and Jughead is filming."

"Yeah, but... I think I'll be on the sideline with this one. Thanks though, Betty."

***

"You ready?" Jughead asked as he met her outside the auditorium where she was handing out programs.

"Yeah. All I've been hearing about is how good this show is and how talented all our friends are. Come on. Dad saved us some of the better seats so you can get a recording with a good view." He smiled and let her lead him to their father who gave them a tight lipped smile.

"I just got a call from Pop saying he needs a shift covered. You guys enjoy the show," he told them from leaving. They shrugged and sat down as the lights dimmed and the show started. They watched their friends sing song after song, do dance after dance, and perform amazingly. The scene changed and Alice came out, standing against the prop wall and touching the cross that hung there.

"Father Almighty, she's only a child, but the woman is waking inside her. She may be lost if her passions run wild. So I can't let her stumble and fall. Maybe I do things that I can't explain but my feelings for her never change. You are still my precious one. Can you forgive what I've done?" Alice sang. "Alright, Carrietta, it's time to come out of your closet." The wall was lifted and the crowd gasped.

"Uh, Kevin, did you reblock this scene?" Cheryl asked as they sat next to the Jones'. "Why isn't she on her knees singing?" Kevin couldn't answer.

"I don't think that's part of the show," Jughead let out as they looked at the gruesome sight before them, Midge pinned to the wall by knives, messages from the Black Hood written in blood around her body.

"Oh my God," Kevin finally spoke.

"Somebody should help her," Cheryl said. "For God's sake, help her." Alice turned around, screaming. The audience screamed too, realizing that this was not part of the show. The auditorium descended into chaos as everyone tried to leave, Jughead and Aminity pushing towards the stage and their friends.

I didn't really see Aminity as someone who would take part in the musical, but I apologize for the short chapter. If these books continue, she will be a part of at least season 3 and 4's musical. Still, I hope you enjoyed and are staying safe!