When a Stranger Calls - Part 1

"Jug," Aminity rushed up to her brother, a copy of the newspaper in her hand, "did you see this? This is crazy."

"Oh, I saw it and we're talking to them."

"Jug, this isn't all true," she tried to call after him, but he had already gone outside. She sighed and followed him, putting the newspaper in her bag.

"Nice article your girlfriend's mom wrote," Sweet Pea told him, standing up from where he and some other Serpents were leaning over a drawing.

"Yeah, I saw that. Dilton Doiley said he was stabbed when a bunch of you guys jumped him."

"Idiot stabbed himself with his own knife," Fangs told him.

"And we didn't jump him. There was a fight. Bulldogs versus Serpents, and you see this?" he asked, pointing to his black eye. "Your boy Andrews gave it to me. Just before his girlfriend shot a gun into the air. Your sister didn't tell you?" Jughead looked to Aminity while she glared at Sweet Pea. "Oh, she didn't," he smirked. "She was there too."

"I was there and stopped the fight, Sweet Pea. You better be thankful for that or you'd have a lot worse than a black eye and a few cuts."

"And Northsiders got off scot-free and the rest of us were hauled in by the police," Sweet Pea continued. "I got picked up after I left your trailer." Aminity looked down at the ground as Sweet Pea leant back down.

"It's payback time," Fangs told them.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jughead asked, deciding to leave scolding his sister for later. "What is that?" Jughead asked, making Aminity look at the paper they were all gathered around. "Is that a pipe bomb?"

"Fogarty's cousin served in the Army," said Sweet Pea. "He's gonna build us something."

"We'll do it after hours, but it'll shut the Riverdale Register down once and for all," Fangs compromised.

"You think blowing up a building is going to make things better?"

"Can't get any worse."

"Yeah, Sweet Pea, it can. Let me talk to Archie. Let me figure this out, okay?"

"Man, that's your answer for everything. Talk and more talk. And we don't even know who you stand with. Us? Or them?'' Both Jones' were silent. "You can't be half a Serpent." They walked off as Jughead sat next to Toni at the table and Aminity followed after Sweet Pea.

"You're playing into it again," she told him as he sat on his bike and the others left.

"So what? I'm tired of them."

"That doesn't matter."

"You're just mad I told your brother about you."

"That's part of it."

"I thought you told him," Sweet Pea said, his tough demeanor cracking a little bit, only enough for Aminity to see. "I'm sorry."

"No you're not. I saw the smirk on your face when you saw he didn't know." Sweet Pea looked down. "I'm sorry you got arrested, but you got out at least."

"It's not the first time, and I doubt it'll be the last," he hardened again.

"What did you do?"

"Just being from the Southside seems to give them cause to arrest us. That's why we're fighting back. We won't be victims anymore."

"Violence isn't the answer, Sweet Pea," she tried as he started his bike.

"It is for us," he said, ending the conversation by driving away. She sighed and turned around at the voice behind her.