The Hills Have Eyes - Part 1

"I was checking out a few places," FP said as he poured a cup of coffee. "There's this one building on Franklin and Sycamore."

"Dad, there's living on the wrong side of the tracks and then there's living directly over the tracks," Jughead said as he and Aminity looked at the paper where their father had circled different available apartments.

"I am a soda jerk at Pop's, Jughead," he said, sitting down. "We're not gonna be moving into the Penbrooke."

"Well, we shouldn't have to move at all," Jughead argued. "No one in this trailer park should have to move. This is just Hiram Lodge's vendetta against us. Look, he is planning something, Dad. Something big and bad. I just..." He sighed. "I just have to figure out a different angle."

"'Cause it's not like we've tried one hundred and seventy five of them."

"Hey, that leaves five left, right?" he asked, making her smile.

***

"Fair warning, our Shadow Lake chalet is rustic, but it has breathtaking views of the mountains, the water..."

"Oh my God, that sounds heavenly, V," Betty told her. "What do you say, Jug?" she asked, leaning over and pulling him out of his journal. "Can you bear it?"

"Please," Aminity looked at him hopefully.

He sighed. "As long as it's cool with your dad.

"Mr. Lodge actually suggested it," Archie told him.

"Yeah," Veronica confirmed.

"Well, then cue the dueling banjos." They all looked at him confused. "What? It'll also be a good chance for me to work on my novel."

"Excellent, but remember, the point of this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug."

"Luxury and weekend," Cheryl said, walking into the lounge, "two of my favorite words. So, where are we going and how extravagant a wardrobe should I pack?"

"Sorry, Cheryl. It's kind of a romantic, couples only weekend," Veronica tried.

"I see," Cheryl smiled. "Then I assume Aminity isn't going?"

"She is. She's bringing Septimus."

"What?" Jughead and Archie asked protectively at Veronica's statement.

"Oh, of course. My mistake. Well, have fun with your romances," she finished, turning and walking out the door.

"No," Jughead said, looking over at Aminity.

"What?" she asked.

"Septimus? No. Uh-uh."

"One, it wasn't even my idea," she argued. "Two, you're sharing a room with Betty. Why can't I go with my boyfriend?"

"Because-"

"Because you're fourteen," Archie stepped in.

"Oh, great," Veronica sighed. "Now Aminity has two big brothers on duty. Look, you both met him and seemed to like him. I would say they could stay in different rooms, but there are only three bedrooms."

"Then have him stay on the couch!"

"Or not have him come at all!" Jughead said after Archie.

"Jug, Arch, it's not like they could do anything."

"I want that image out of my head," Jughead sighed, putting his head in his hand.

"But isn't that what you're worried about?" Aminity asked, trying to be realistic. "Betty's right. I can barely kiss him without having an attack, let alone do anything more. At most it might be some cuddling, nothing different from when I had to crash at his house while you were living at the drive-in." Jughead sighed. "Come on, Jug, please?"