~Prologue Pt.3~ Forced farewell

*Re-published: 8-12-2021*
Word count: 2449

His strides were long, full of confidence as he walks through the main hall - towards the front door of the house and I hit his back with balled hands, my body swaying from side to side with each step.

I look up, trying to think of excuses as the front entrance drew closer and my chest falls, the small strands of hair framing my face.

We couldn't leave.

I couldn't leave —
I still needed to get home and with each click of the male's heels signalling one step closer to leaving I felt an urge to scream, to curl into a ball and cry.

I squirm once again, my struggling against the male seeming to be pointless as his hands pretty easily held me in place - and I knew a haughty smile sat on his face as he pats the back of my thigh.

"Relax, my sweet lamb, you're frightened over something you shouldn't be. I know you'll love our new home, we just need to get you over this small, homesick hurdle is all." He says with a bold tone and I shake my head, gasping as my bound together hands slip on the silky, velvet-like fabric of his jacket - not being able to grip it long enough to hold myself upright for more than a few seconds.

"Thomas, please stop-"

"Whining will get you nowhere, my dear pet." He cuts me off, walking through the front door and I squint at the rays of white light shining down from the sun that was continuing to rise over the horizon, bringing with it an early morning and the start of a new day.

"But- w-we've yet to pack." I say quickly, and yet the male only chuckles.

"The maids already packed everything we'll need; they did so last night, during the farewell banquet." He responds, making his way down the stairs with an air of caution laced into his otherwise confident steps.

"Farewell?...the party last night- that's what it was?"
I exhale, once again pushing myself up as my gaze falls upon the servants by the door - some whom were standing by it, while a tall male made his way down the stairs, one of Thomas's leather-bound satchels in his hand - the longer strap bunched up and held in his palm, while in his other hand was sheer, light pink fabric.

"Please- please someone help me-" I cry out to the people standing by the door - yet they all continue on with the tasks they had at hand, or stood as still as stone, ignoring my pleas, like they had most other times.
"P-please-" I choke back a sob; knowing full well it was pointless. I struggle once again as the male's hold tightens and my brow furrows, my cries and whimpers soon falling silent aside from the shaky breaths.
My gaze falls on my hands and the ends of the bow that fell over them, and I exhale.

I felt disgusting - wearing his signature color like some gift belonging to him.

Thomas soon stops, and without a moment to pass he lifts me off his shoulder - my hands sliding the front of his jacket as he sets me down in front of him, dusting off my shoulders and smoothing down the small strands of hair like I was some priceless item he wanted kept in the best condition.

The tall male stops by his side, handing Thomas the pink hued fabric in silence before stepping behind me and placing the satchel inside the elegant carriage, his frame walking off after he bows to the magenta clad male.

I kept my gaze on the stone pathway below me and the male throws the sheer fabric around my shoulders as though it were a shall of sorts, adjusting it as he looks me over.

"We'll be arriving at the docks by tonight." He speaks up, "I'm letting you know now that I want you on your best behavior when we do, and the whole time we are in view of the other guests and crewmembers- unless you'd like to suffer the consequences." He says softly, his words dripping with honey coated venom.
"Do I make myself clear?"