Meeting

"C'mon Julie keep up!" Hunter said, stretching her long flexible legs to their limits. She looked back to her friend who's panting hard like a dog on a hot day. "C'mon. Everybody else is already on top of the mountain waiting for us!"
Julie tried as hard as she can to catch up with her friend who ran so fast but still looked graceful as a ballerina. "Well you have an advantage!"

They both reached the mountain and met the others who sat on the ground catching their breath. "What time do you call this, ladies?" Ren the oldest in the group asked with a slight tease in his voice. Hunter dropped to the ground, arms splayed across the warm surface of the mountain. "Sorry Ren. Some of us had a slow start." She gestured her head towards Julie who sat a few inches away from the group.

Julie who sat at the edge, legs dangling in mid-air tried to hide her hurt and envy from the group. She stared at the breath taking view in front of her and counted the small huts that circled Camelot in the distance. She pin pointed her own where she lived with her guardian Lollinda and wondered what she's cooking for lunch. The thought made her tummy grumble like an engine starting up. She closed her eyes for a brief moment just to block everyone else but was interrupted by Ren's heavy footsteps. "You okay?" Ren asked with concern in his voice. Julie smiled and nodded her head politely. He slowly folded his knees as he sat down and offered Julie a flask surrounded by pure leather with a silver lid. She took the flask from Ren's tight grasp and flipped the lid open. Cold, fresh water started traveling down her throat sending new refilled energy in her veins while invading and dissolving the fatigue in her body. "You know you shouldn't really push yourself that hard. Wait for it to come." He patted her back and stood up. She thought of that last sentence over and over again. "'Wait for it to come.' Easy for you to say", she mumbled to herself.

"Hey Julie! Need a ride back?" Jake asked with a slight smirk on his face. Julie stared at her friends and stood up. She always found it unfair how everyone in her tribe has tall structured bodies and perfectly developed brains. The men are all tall, tanned from the hot southern sun and really handsome. She couldn't think of any male wolves that are unattractive. The same is true for the women. Each and every one of her female friends has thin curved waists with beautiful locks of hair and perfect set of eyes. "Nah, I think I'll walk back down." She said looking at the sky. "It's a beautiful day."

"Yeah we can't let you do that. It's a long way back to the tribe and it'll probably take you 'bout an hour or more!" Jake said crossing his arms and each of his biceps started emerging. Julie tried to avert her gaze away and concentrated on his face instead, but that too was quite challenging because of his marvellous looks and prominent brown eyes.

"It's actually precisely one hour and forty five minutes for her to get back to the tribe." Fraser interjected. They all turned to the pale skinned boy and shook their heads slightly mocking their intelligent friend. "What? I've calculated it precisely. You're welcome!"

"Yeah, listen to Mr. Smarty pants there look. One hour and forty five minutes whereas it'll only take us about fifteen minutes?" He looked down at her and as always she felt small and weak. She pouted and looked up at him.

A loud siren broke their mini argument and Julie saw all of her friends tensed. Werewolves react differently to dangers, their bodies and minds are able to think and process their actions quickly than a normal human being. "Something's wrong!" Bryn warned. "We have to get back to the tribe! You have no choice Julie but to ride back with us we can't leave you out here." They didn't wait for her reply and in a split second five enormous wolves appeared in front of her. She has seen them change a few times and still felt the same feeling she feels, she wondered what it'll be like to shift from one form to another, how do they communicate and what do they eat when they're in their wolf form? They are so many questions that sparked in Julie's mind at that brief moment but she knew it can wait. She scanned the pack and looked for Jake's beautiful brown eyes and matching brown fur and hoped on. She can feel his warm temperature underneath his coat as she held onto him and her hair flew everywhere on her head like weak branches on a windy day. The whole pack descended the mountain creating a small tornado as they run.