Surprise

She adjusted her eyes, wondering if she's dreaming. What on earth is he doing here, at this time? He tried to throw another pebble through her window and it almost hit her; she managed to dodge it anyway. Tiptoeing again, she opened her wardrobe and took her deer skinned jacket, Hunter gave to her. She twisted her door handle as quietly as she could and stepped out thankfully to their stone floor. The cold entered her feet and she walked down the stairs on her toes like a ballerina. She checked Lollinda's room before she went to the door and found her in deep sleep. Sighing in relief she walked to the door and unlocked it. Once it clicked open she stepped out and closed it silently. "What are you doing?" She demanded while walking towards Rhydian, who was still wearing his night clothes as well.

He stared and smiled at her while he eyed her wardrobe. "Oh thank goodness. I thought you were never coming out." He sighed throwing the other pebbles he collected away. He dusted his hands and tucked them in his trousers and sighed heavily, smoke came out of his mouth as he did.
"Well what are you doing throwing pebbles in somebody else's house at sunrise?" She whispered. He stared and smiled at her. "Sorry, I thought that was a good way to wake you up instead of shouting your name. There's a possibility that your guardian might wake up as well."

She rubbed her hands up and down her arms for the cold are slowly sipping in her human layers. "Well you got me awake. What do you want?" She asked. He took her hands and ushered her to walk with him. "Wait, where are you taking me?" A slight spark of fear and excitement circled her chest as each tried to fight each other.

He turned around shushing her. "Don't worry. You'll be fine, c'mon." He pulled her much faster and deeper to the forest. "Climb on." He didn't wait for her reply and instantly shifted. A black coated wolf with grey streaks appeared in front of her. Something is different with the Rhydian's build she thought. She doesn't know if it was the green eyes that are slightly strange because she has never seen grey eyes with a cat like slit in the middle before on a wolf or the fact that he's larger than any wolves she has ever seen. He's a lot taller and bulkier. When she tried to get on his back it wasn't as easy as getting on Jake's. When she has managed, she held on tight to his fur and as she was expecting ran faster than any wolves she's been on. She felt the cold breeze brushing on her face fiercely and her thick black hair flying back. She was smiling as Rhydian ran even faster and she almost felt that she was flying. She was enjoying the moment so much she didn't realise where they were until Rhydian slowed down his pace. As they went deeper into the forest, there was a clearing of trees and a huge Narra tree was sat in the middle. The height of it wasn't very tall at all but it is a fully grown tree for its roots sprung out almost everywhere. The sky was still a mixture of indigo and blue and the night breeze still hasn't disappeared. Julie hugged her coat and buried her hands under her arms as they approached the tree carefully. She tried to look very closely where the scattered roots are but still managed to nearly fall. "Where are we?" she whispered but only got a shhh from Rhydian. She sighed impatiently and a cloud of smoke came out of her mouth; she liked to call it dragon's breath.

Once they have both reached the tree, Julie could see that tree was wide enough for a person to fit inside. A bright glow of light hit Julie's eye and she had to close her eyes for a few seconds to adjust. When she's within the range where she could almost touch the tree, she saw holes with various sizes surrounding the tree and when she stepped back revealed a beautiful floral pattern. She stole a glance at Rhydian who offered his hands and she doubtfully took it. He pushed her down with him where there was an even bigger hole at the bottom of the trunk where a large root connects. She took a peek inside and saw two tiny figures with wings dancing in mid-air. She had to look closer to see if her eyes weren't deceiving her until Rhydian whispered something to her. "Fairies." So her eyes weren't deceiving her she thought and a smile spread across her face. If humans shifting into wolves exist, what stops fairies from not?