2nd Phase part 4

"You know, if you don't want to be hunted, I suggest you close your mouth." A voice echoed behind me. I stopped howling and used my abilities to approach the source of the sound slyly. However, there was no need for a wolf was stood right in front of me. It had a black and silver coat that glistened in the red light. I knew exactly who he is but couldn't believe that he was as big as me. He walked forward, eyes locked onto mine the whole time. "You're . . ." I stammered. The voice didn't escape my mouth. I spoke in my head instead. Is this how Wolfbloods communicate, through their minds? Will he able to know what I'm thinking then? "What?" He asked me. His mouth didn't open. But I heard his voice in my head. He doesn't seem to know what I'm thinking though. "You're almost as big as me." I replied shakily. I hear him chuckle in my head. This needs getting used to. This way of communication is driving me crazy!   

"True. But I don't have Rare Blood." He turned to look at the view beyond the mountains. "Let's just say, I come from a line of Alphas." This guy sure needs to explain a lot to me sooner or later before I break his neck. I walked next to him enjoying my four paws. "Really? How did you end up being second in command?" I asked curiously. He stared at me and I saw his features clearly. The shape of his eyes was a balance of sharp and round and his pupils were as dark as his human eyes however there was a tint of gold on the rims. He sat on the ground and it wasn't long before he returned into his human form. He makes it look so easy. One thing I notice, is that if you're in your wolf form, there is no telling of your emotions. I guess that's why, wolves are always thought of as vicious creatures because there is no deciphering whether they are happy or not. He sat at the edge, looking at me from my paws right up to my head. There was a small smile on his face as he surveyed me as if I was something from the market he wanted to buy and oh how I want to punch that smile right off his face. I growled at him as I try to shift back to my human self. It seems weird because once you have successfully done it once, it's a lot easier to do it again. He's right, it does feel like a claw. My paws slowly disappeared and returned to my boots. I enjoyed the tingling feeling they give me and I closed my eyes as I let it engulfed me. This feeling is so much better than the pain I felt when I first shifted. I surveyed my hands to see if they're fur free and when they can't be seen, I let out a satisfying breath.

Julie sat on the edge next to Ben, who never once looked away as she shifted. Now that she has less hair everywhere, the cold managed to surround her making her run her hands up and down her arms. "Well done." He spoke as he moved his gaze away from her and focused it towards the castle. Julie smiled as she turned to stare at him. "Thank you." She replied gratefully. His head turned to face her, eyes darting everywhere on her face. He gave a small nod as his eyes remained locked onto hers. They both edged closer to each other closing the gap between them however, an irresistible scent caught her nose. Julie faced the castle and inhaled a sharp breath.

"Julie?" Ben's voice entered her ears but faint. He slowly shook her shoulders to turn her attention towards him but as she met his eyes, Ben was met with two gold orbs. Julie's wolf eyes. She growled at him as she moved her arms away from his touch and stood up. "Julie!" He shouted this time, but the Julie he know is no longer there, no longer in control of her own body. She shifted swiftly and ran while he followed her footsteps.

With the wind hitting his face each time, he tried to focus on his speed and the direction Julie's going. He tried communicating, but all he could receive back is her direct goal to eat. Once they're out of the forest, Ben felt like he was punched in the chest as he saw her approaching the gates.

What is she doing? I thought Rare Bloods can control their hunger when they successfully shift for the first time. Turns out I was wrong. "Julie!" I yelled again. I know for a fact that she can break the Northern gates down on her own. As we passed our tribe, I caught a glimpse of her friends and I quickly sent them a message of help. She's too close. She's almost too visible for the tower guards to be seen. I see her jump but I am still too far to grab her away. A wolf knocked her to the side, away from the gate and from the guards view. She managed to regain her balance and lunged at the wolf who knocked her out. I had to think of a way to make her regain control of her wolf before the whole village is turned to dinner. "Bryn! Go to her hut and ask Lollinda to lay all the fresh meat she has inside the house!"