1st Phase

"Okay, normally, there are two main ways to shift." Hunter started, rubbing her hands together as she tried to explain. The six of them were in their favourite forest again, where Julie sat on top of a fallen log, listening to every word her friends say. The five of them were standing around her explaining the do's and don'ts of shifting. Julie has so many questions in her mind piling on top of one another. The events that had happened last night seemed like a blur in her mind when she woke up this morning. She thought it was all a very vivid dream but when her friends woke her up before the sun has even had the chance to rise told her it wasn't.

"The three of us, Bryn, Hunter and I were taught how to shift in the same way. We do a little run up. Watch closely." He spoke as he distanced himself away from them finding a perfect place to start his run. Ren took his shirt off, and Julie had to swallow her spit to concentrate. He shook his hands and stared ahead and ran. It was too fast for Julie to see him running that she had to scrunch her eyes in order for her to have a clear view. She saw Ren suddenly slowed down in front of her. Julie blinked back in disbelief. She has the ability to slow things down she thought. A bubble of excitement filled her body and she noted in her mind to ask her friends that later. She scrunched her eyes again and saw Ren perfectly change. To see it slower was even better as she clearly saw the shift from his human form to his wolf form. Ren landed swiftly on the ground making Julie clap her hands. Ren made a low bow and shifted again. "Thank You! Now you try." He encouraged. Julie took a deep breath and stood up from her spot and walked towards Ren. "Now you must make sure you have the right speed and space. Once you've locked in . . ." "You'll understand in a minute." Ren assured when he saw Julie's questioned look. "Once you've locked in, do a little leap and it should do the trick." He finished. "Okay." Julie replied hesitantly. "Run and leap. That shouldn't be too hard right?" She asked rhetorically.

"Leap forward remember, it's different from jumping up!" Bryn warned. Julie gave her a nod and focused on the path ahead of her. She counted to three quietly to herself and ran. Running faster than Ren was, Julie couldn't control her feet to leap. She kept running and behind her she could hear her friends shout leap. No matter how hard she tried to stop herself she couldn't. Julie ran and ran until a large root caught her foot and she started flying in the air. Different screams of Julie pierced through her ears as she landed on the ground face first. Her breast and head ached at the impact and she tried to flip her body the other way. Hunter emerged from her sight followed by the rest surrounding her. "Julie, are you okay?" Fraser and Jake helped her up, holding her steady.

"Well that technique didn't work. I did leap, only unintentionally." Julie spoke to her friends. She dusted the dirt off her trousers and stared at her friends.

"Well that was only your first attempt. No one gets it the first time." Ren replied optimistically. "But Julie you ran so fast!" Jake inserted.

"Yeah I couldn't stop my feet." She replied.

"Well the other method is to jump." Jake walked away from them and took off his shirt too. Julie has seen Jake remove his shirt off a million times because this is Jake. Ren has a bigger built than Jake making him look mature, and Ren is definitely more mature than the rest of them. "Okay, imagine your soul ripping away from your body." He explained. Ren looked at him weirdly and turned to look at Julie horrified expression. Jake slumped his shoulders and rolled his eyes while heaving a sigh. "Just bear with me." "Our body is in a way is a shell, in order for you to shift you need to get out of your human shell and transfer to your wolf shell." Julie smiled at how her friend explained everything to her. What he says does make sense she thought. They really are trying which increases the pressure a lot more because she doesn't want to disappoint them. "Jumping sort of helps the transition." "Watch closely." Jake crouched down low and Julie immediately scrunched her eyes to see. She saw him jump quite high and saw his feet change into paws and his body changing colour. Julie perfectly saw Jake's head turn into a wolf's head. He landed swiftly on the ground. Like before, Julie clapped her hands and Jake cocked his head on the side facing Ren.