Chapter 2

For the next couple of days this continued. Until around the week mark. Then I decided to break the ice.

"Who are you?" I asked the tall, moustached man. My voice was no longer a whisper and I was stronger than I was before since he was sneaking food and water to me every day. He seemed slightly taken aback my this question and stopped for a couple of second before staring into my soul with his dark eyes.

"I am Mr. Jumbo, that's all you need to know for now." He shook himself off and returned to pouring liquid down the drain.
"Why are you helping me?" I asked, this time a bit more quietly.
"Do you have to know?" He sighed and I nodded, intrigued.
"I used to work in a company like the AHA. They would kill Hybrids instead of just torturing them. That's when I decided that I would help hybrids instead of hurting them. I'm waiting for my chance with you." He sat back against the wall and took his apron off. Underneath he had a suit on and he loosened the tie and took off his blazer. He sighed and looked up at me.

"What's your first name?" I asked, tilting my head. If he was going to help me like he said he would then I wanted to know his name!
"Your very curious, aren't you?" Mr Jumbo stood up and started putting the tubs back on his tray. He was leaving again. I pushed him to far. He left the room and I stared at my feet. After not getting beat for a week they were starting to heal. I tried to twist my head to see my wings. It failed and I gave up. Maybe tomorrow Mr Jumbo would be more talkative.

"Why me?"

"Hm?"

"Why are you helping me?" I asked again. This was a question that I had been wondering lately.
"Well I asked around for jobs at Hybrid torturing places and I got stuck with you." He answered. So I was chosen my accident? I was never meant to be helped. He didn't want to help me. I should have known.
"I mean I could give you the pills if you wanted." He rattled a tub beside his face and smiled sarcastically. I laughed sadly and shook my head.
"You know what happening tomorrow right?" He turned back towards the pills and began ripping them out to sort them.
"No? What's happening tomorrow?" I genuinely didn't know. Was it important?
"I'm meant to take you in for operation." He said sadly, "since I'm technically your nurse."

I was being taken for operation. In the AHA that could only mean one thing. I was getting my wings taken away. I didn't realise I was hyperventilating until Mr Jumbo came over and out his hands on my shoulders and looked at me in the eyes. Even though I was hanging from chains from the roof he had to look down to be eye to eye. Only slightly but he still looked down. I stared back up at him and my breathing slowed back down to a normal pace.

"I'm meant to take you for an operation." I clung to the sentence. My wings were the only part of me I actually liked. My blonde hair had gotten out of control and was all over the place. I was to small for my own good, and I had that ugly scar on my chest.

My wings were a beautiful golden colour and could stretch out to just over 4 metres in total. Or 14 foot. Which was more than twice the size of me and had taken me a while to get used to the weight on my back once I was allowed to use them. Getting them removed would be like getting chopped in half. Mr Jumbo wouldn't just take me to get them removed! Would he? Of course he would betray me. Just as I thought I could trust him. He was just like every other jerk in this place.