"Hey," she heard Dom say softly. 

"Oh my god," Julia cried out, "I-" 

"Everything alright?" he asked her, sounding worried. 

"Where- Where are you?" Julia stuttered, letting herself fall down on the couch. 

"I was at a meeting, sorry for not telling you," he told her. "I didn't know how to talk to you and-" 

Julia just cried, holding her phone to her ear as she was sobbing and not saying anything back. 

"Wait, did you do a check on the baby?" Dom asked her, still sounding anxious but obviously for another reason. 

"No," she told him, "not yet. I just- I just-" 

"Did something else happen?" 

"No I-" 

"It's fine, Jules. I'm sorry for getting so mad at you," Dom sighed. "I just hated how you did that behind my back and came home looking like that. And then the baby... it was a lot." 

Julia was glad he seemed less mad at her, but it didn't stop her from crying. The dream was still stuck in her head, scaring her. And even though she now knew Dom was alright, that didn't mean the baby was. 

"It's alright, honey," he told her again when he heard her cry. "You want me to come home so we can go to the hospital together?" 

Julia sniffed, wiping her sleeve under her running nose. "I- I had a dream you were dead. And the baby was too. And you didn't pick up so I-" 

"Fuck, that must have scared you," Dom told her, and she just nodded. 

"I'm coming home, yeah? I'm about twenty minutes away." 

She heard him stand up and grab something, which told her he was actually leaving immediately.

"Don't hang up," Julia immediately said. 

"Nothing's gonna happen to me, don't worry," Dom's velvet voice said through the phone. Of course she believed him when he said that, but still she seemed to be unable to form a normal answer and just let out a sob. 

"Alright, I'll stay on the phone." 

And so he did; they had spent their time on the phone talking about what happened the night before, and the reasons why. She understood him, as well as he seemed to understand her. And once he drove into the street everything seemed to be back to normal, except they were obviously nervous for the check on the baby. 

When the car stopped and Dom announced he was there, Julia grabbed her stuff to go outside and let him drive to the hospital first. 

She still had her phone to her ear when she came downstairs and saw Dom sitting in his black car, waiting for her. Julia gave him a gentle smile, receiving one back, and finally ended the call. 

"You ready?" Dom asked her when she sat down next to her, fastening her seat belt. 

Julia shrugged and rested her head against the chair, feeling Dom's hand laying down on her thigh. She didn't look at him, which made him remove it after two seconds and touch her face instead. 

She turned her head just to see how he opened his mouth to say something, but he quickly shook his head and smiled as he leaned in to kiss her. It was just one kiss, and when he pulled away he brushed his thumb over the blue underneath her eye. It stung a little, maybe because she stopped taking care of it the night before after they got into a fight, but it didn't hurt too much. 

"Remember when me and Brendon got into a fight. When we bumped into him at a restaurant," he said. "And you got mad at me." 

"That was because I hated seeing you all bruised," Julia told him seriously as she moved away from him and fell back against the chair.