eleven

It was the weirdest and messiest morning; Julia had woken up just before sunrise, still on the roof of the station with Dom next to her. She had quickly woken Dom up so they could leave before trains started going again and people would see them.

It kind of surprised her how well they had slept on top of the roof, considering they had nothing but their jackets with them. It was weird to think they really spent hours on the roof.

Julia had driven them back to Dom's house once they left, and the original plan was to drop him of so Julia could quickly go home and change before work.

But she ended up going inside with him, cancelling work.

And now she was watching him calling the doctor after she basically forced him to. They had fought about it shortly though, as Julia kept telling him he really needed to see a doctor who could help him handling his anxiety and pain. For some reason Dom refused it at first.

"And? What did they say?" Julia asked him curiously once he had mumbled his last "okay" and hung up the phone.

"I can come in an hour and a bit from now," Dom told her putting his phone back in his back pocket only to start fidgeting with his fingers.

"That's good," Julia smiled at him.

"I guess," he said as he shrugged and walked over to the kitchen instead of the couch where Julia was sitting on. For a moment she considered following him, but she decided not to.

"I can come with you if you're nervous," she told him, loud enough so he could hear it.

"No," he said, Julia taken aback by his answer that sounded pretty harsh. It took a few seconds until he came out of the kitchen and continued, explaining what he meant. "You should just go to work. I'll be fine."

"Oh," Julia breathed out and she sighed in relief, "I thought you were done with me or some-"

"Of course I'm not," Dom said, his tone a lot softer than before now. Julia couldn't help but grow a smile around her lips and go soft as well because she didn't expect his tone to change like that. 

"I just don't want to bother you more. You should go to work." 

"I already cancelled it," she told him, brushing it off.

"But- Is it- Is it only because you feel sorry?"

"It's not," Julia immediately denied, "It's because we're friends and I fucking care about you a lot."

"Really?" he asked her, fidgeting with his fingers again after he had just stopped a few seconds ago. As Julia realized he wasn't going to sit down next to her on the couch as he looked way too nervous to even rest and sit down, she decided to stand up and walk over to him, only to grab his hands to pull them away from each other.

"Of course. Now stop blaming yourself for what happened between us, yeah?"

He looked at their hands for a moment, but once he looked up he made sure their eyes were locked and he didn't look away. Slowly, Dom nodded and mumbled "okay".

She smiled and kept the smile on her face for a bit longer as she couldn't help herself but break the eye contact only to look at his lips. She looked back up quickly, though, but saw Dom was doing the exact same thing.

"Okay," Julia quickly breathed out to break the tension they had just built. She let go of Dom's hands and Dom nodded as if he had to shake himself out of it as well.

"I'll have to text my mum and girlfriend to make up a lie again I guess, so I can stay."

Not knowing what to do with her hands now or how to act, Julia quickly grabbed her phone and opened her chat with Becca.