twenty-six

Julia never remembered falling asleep, but she woke up in Dom's bed, without him laying next to her. It was weird, as the last thing she could remember was laying in the bathroom with him, but it felt like that never even happened.

She could hear noises coming from the television in the living room, though, so she knew Dom was there. She got up right after quickly stretching, not liking the idea of being alone.

"Jula!" Dom exclaimed excitedly once he saw her walking into the living room. He stretched his arms immediately only to pull her onto his lap once she was close enough to the couch he was sitting on.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked her, his voice quiet and low. The little rasp in his voice betrayed he hadn't been awake for long.

Julia smiled at the way he was hugging her and he was pressing gentle kisses in her neck. It made her bury her face in his neck and relax. She nodded as an answer to the question.

She still felt bad, though, about what happened the night before, but she tried her hardest not to think about it too much.

"You fell asleep on my lap, on the bathroom floor," Dom told her, chuckling.

So that was what happened; Dom had carried her back to the bedroom after she had fallen asleep. That was why she couldn't remember going back to bed.

Julia chuckled as well and closed her eyes, slowly breathing in his smell. "I was tired I guess."

"I know."

Pushing her shirt up so he could touch her bare skin with his warm hands, Dom kissed her neck again. Julia first tensed a little at the touch, but she relaxed quickly.

She heard how Dom sighed, which indicated something was obviously bothering him. Just as Julia wanted to ask him about it, he started talking.

"People are mad at me."

Julia backed up from his neck a little but kept her head resting on his shoulder as she replied "mad at you? For what?"

"Because I cancelled my meet & greet. They say I don't care about fans anymore. Which I fucking do but-" he trailed off, sighing yet again. He had stopped rubbing Julia's back which he had been doing for a while and it made Julia sit up straight, still on his lap, so she could look at him.

"I'm sorry."

Dom tried to smile and held her face, brushing his thumbs over her cheekbones as he said "you shouldn't feel sorry. It was my choice to cancel it."

"But it's the second time you cancel it for me. I'm fucking up your reputation."

"You aren't, honey. I am fucking it up," he told her as his face was so close to hers it caught Julia off guard a little. "It's just fucking unfair to have to choose between them and you."

Julia nodded just a little bit, which was enough for Dom to see as their heads were nearly touching.

"Choosing between important people always just fucking sucks," she told him, referring to her choice between him and her mother. He obviously knew she was talking about that as well, and he nodded.

"We shouldn't have to."

Julia leaned in to kiss his lips shortly, just to remind herself that she chose the right thing. By his smile she could tell that he knew he chose the right thing as well. It didn't make the situation less bad, though.

"What if you do the meet & greet today?" Julia asked him once she pulled back.

"I wanted to-" Dom sighed and shrugged. "I just don't want you to be alone because I know you need distraction today."