eight

"Wait, Julia?"

Julia, who was already outside the door of Dom's house, turned around and raised her eyebrow, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say.

"Could you please text me once you get home?" he asked her shyly, fidgeting with his fingers but looking at her with his eyes a little squeezed. "I know I'll- I'll worry too much about you if you don't."

Julia chuckled and she nodded, adjusting her jacket again. "Of course. I will."

"Okay," Dom said quietly, nodding to sign that he was satisfied with her answer. He hold on tightly to the door handle, but didn't close the door yet, not even when Julia was about to turn around. Instead he just stared at her, his eyes glossy.

"Are you okay?" she asked him, taking a small step into his direction instead of turning around.

It took Dom three seconds to reply as he seemed to be deeply into his thoughts, but he eventually nodded and tried to give her a smile. "I am."

He now closed the door a little, just a few centimeters, but he didn't move. Julia's frown just got deeper and she eventually said "you don't want me to leave, do you?"

His eyes widen for just a second, probably because he realized how well Julia could actually read him. She always had been good at reading him, at least she thought, because she had believed him instantly when he told her he cheated on her eight months ago. But maybe that was just because of the emotions she had back then.

Dom sighed sadly. "I know you have to leave but... I just hate being alone."

His half pink, half black hair had fallen in front of his eyes as he was looking at his feet now instead of at Julia. But Julia couldn't stop looking at him, as he looked so fragile and small and she really just couldn't leave him like that. Not even after what happened between them. She would worry about him.

"I can stay if you want?" she offered, making him look up instantly.

"You-"

For a moment he got a hopeful and thankful look in his eyes, but he quickly changed his mind and shook his head with a frown. "You shouldn't. Your mom is gonna be worried about you and your girlfriend-"

"Becca and I are fighting anyway. And she doesn't have to know about it. I just don't want to leave you alone like this."

Dom let out a quiet "oh" and he didn't move, probably as he didn't know whether he could officially invite Julia back into his house or she was just proposing an idea.

"Do you want me to stay?" Julia asked him gently, trying to make eye contact with him which was extremely hard as he kept looking at his hands.

He shrugged. "I don't want to bother you. You should go home."

"Dom," Julia breathed out, knowing he didn't mean that and all he wanted was her to stay for the night. She walked up to him only so she could stroke his hair out of his face, which was the only way to make him look up. He did, though, but her action surprised him and he automatically backed up and brushed his hair backwards himself.

"When I say it's fine, it's fine."

Finally Dom managed to smile at her and he stepped aside to let her in again. For a moment Julia felt like she shouldn't do it, but when she saw his face become slowly more and more relaxed, she knew she made the right decision.

-

"You can sleep in my bed tonight. I'll sleep on the couch."

Dom stood up from the couch and stretched as they had been sitting in nearly the same position for three hours. All the time they had just been talking about what happened in their lives during the past months, to see what they missed. Dom's life was the craziest, though: during the last tour Julia had thought it couldn't be crazier than that, but his stories made her realize how much he had grown during the months.