Chapter Thirty-Six. On my mind.

"So are you doing anything special for your 21st next month?" Mum asked as I finished off my third packet of chips.

I shrugged. "Nope. Too much to worry about."

Mum rolled her eyes. "Typical. You're 20 years old and you have too much to worry about?"

I shook my head. "You wouldn't understand. It's a long story."

Mum sighed and pulled out a chair at the kitchen table and sat down across from me. "I won't understand? I was your age once too Justin. Plus i'm in no hurry." Her lips formed a small smile.

I looked over at Noah who was sitting on the floor with his eyes glued to the tv. " I don't know how he'll take it."

Mum lifted an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

I looked back at her before moving my eyes away from hers. "I over heard Chaz and Jessicah talking. I think she's cheating on me with Chaz."

Mum gasped. "Really? Justin you know what happens when you ease drop. You get the wrong parts of the conversation."

I looked up at her. "But you didn't hear what I did."

She bit her lip. "What did you hear Justin? Did you hear those exact words being mentioned?"

I shook my head. "No but-" Mum cut me off.

"There you go then. You shouldn't assume things Justin. Go talk to Chaz or Jess about it. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for what you heard." Mum told me and smiled.

I sighed. "I knew you woulnd't understand."

Mum chuckled. "Well I can give you better advice then the voice in your head can."

I rolled my eyes. "Nice one. Thanks. I should probably go home. Thanks for the chips and the uniforms."

Mum nodded. "Don't forget to talk to Noah's teacher."

I nodded back and stood up, walking into the lounge room. "You ready to go home now buddy?" I asked Noah who was still glued to the screen.

He looked up at me and smiled. "Yes Daddy."

I picked up Eliza and placed her in the backseat. She'll be awake soon and I would rather her grumpy at home with Jess then out with me. I said goodbye to mum and started driving home.

It started raining as I pulled up in our driveway so I had to undo Eliza's seat belt, pick her up and carry her inside without getting too drenched. Noah could run inside himself but of course he decided to jump in the puddles and slip in the mud which would be a nuisance to clean later.

Once I was in the door I slipped my shoes off and put Eliza down as she had woken up. I stood in the doorway and called out to Noah.

"Noah come inside bud. You don't want to get sick do you?"

Noah stopped and looked up at me with his big brown eyes. "Coming!" He ran up to me in the doorway and I stopped him.

"Take off your shoes, shirt and shorts before you go inside." I told him and watched as he placed his shoes next to mine and took off his shirt and pants, handing them to me. "Thankyou. Now run to your room and get your pyjamas out while I run a bath."

He nodded and ran off. Jess walked over as I slammed the door shut holding Eliza and smiled. "There you are. Where did you guys go? I've been worried."

I shrugged. "Picked Noah up from school and saw mum."

Jess's smile dropped. "Is everything alright Justin?"