Chapter Three. New Girl

English, the lesson I most despise is the lesson I have two doubles of today. Which means I have four lessons of English and the other two maths... what fun!

I walked into my first lesson and the class had already started.

"Bieber! Your 10 minutes late!", my english teacher, Mrs Jones, yelled at me.

"I know, I know.", I argued as I took my seat next to Chaz at the back of the room.

I pulled out my books and a pen and looked for my essay but I couldn't find it. I'm screwed if I don't have it! I'll have to repeat grade 12! I turned to Chaz. He had gone to school without me when I called to tell him I wouldn't be ready in time.

"I can't find my essay! I think I left it at home.", I complained and Chaz bit his lip.

"Dude, what you gonna do?", he asked me trying to keep his voice down so the teacher wouldn't hear.

"I don't know... I'll check my bag again but I doubt it's in there.", I told him and pulled my bag up onto my lap and pulled everything out. Still no essay. I'm so screwed.

"Um Justin, it's right there.", Chaz said and pulled a piece of paper from the mess I had just pulled from my bag.

I rolled my eyes. "Where did that come from!?", I said with confusion as I was sure I had already looked there.

"Oh man... you're loosing your head. You gotta take a break.", he told me and shook his head.

I was about to say something but I noticed the teacher giving us the death stare. I pretended to zip my mouth shut and Mrs Jones went back to talking. That was close, I couldn't afford another detention.

We sat in slilence for the rest of the double lesson and when the bell went Mrs Jones stopped me by her desk. When I was the last one in the room she cleared her throat.

"What's going on Justin? You're late almost everyday, you look dead tired you don't finish your homework on time.", she asked me nicely. Seriously, Is she being nice! That's a first.

I sighed. "Look, it's my problem. It's really none of your business.", I spat and looked her in the eye. I really didn't want to have attitude and be mean but it's true, she doesn't need to know my personal life.

She bit her lip. "Okay, fine. You're right. It's none of my business. But just remember, your one failed assignment away from failing.", she told me and crossed her arms over her chest.

I nodded and started walking out the room. I was almost at the door when she stopped me.

"Oh and don't you owe me something?", she asked in a annoyed tone.

I had completely forgotten about my essay. I grabbed it out my bag and handed it to me without saying a word and quickly left the room before she could stop me again.

I stepped out into the hallway and Chaz was waiting for me.

"What was that about?", he asked me as we walked to the courtyard for recess.

I shook my head. "Nothing. Don't worry about it."

Chaz shrugged. We found our usual spot in the courtyard and sat down. Chaz pulled out chocolate bar and I looked in my bag for food but I decided that I wasn't hungry. People walked past us and gave us strange looks. I get them all the time... everyone thinks I'm weird.

I was relieved when the bell went and we had to go to class, though I wasn't too happy with the class I had next. I had maths and Chaz had history so we were separated. I said bye to Chaz and walked into class.  I took my seat at the back, by myself, and waited for everyone to turn up.

The buzz of everyones conversations filled the room as more and more people took their seats. Finally the teacher come in.

"Everyone take your seats. We have a new student today. Her name is Jessicah and she's moved from Golden Grove High School.", the teacher told the class and a beautiful girl walked in.

She looked really nervous and she just stood up the front of the class.  She was quite small, about my height. She looked like I could snap her in half as she was so dainty, like a ballerina. She had long chocolate brown hair and bright green eyes.

"There's a spare seat up the back by Justin.", the teacher said to her and pointed to the seat next to me.

She spotted me and smiled as she made her way to her seat.

"Hi, i'm Justin.", I told her as she sat down.

She turned to face me. "Hi, i'm Jessicah.", she told me and put out her hand for a hand shake.

I shook her hand and studied her face. I had just realised that she had freckles over her cheeks... they were cute.

"So, your new?", I asked her, I knew it was a stupid question but I really couldn't think properly with little sleep.

She gave me a puzzled look. "Um, no. The teacher just introduced me as the new girl because he felt like it.", she said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

I sighed. I hated sarcasm. "I'm sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm not thinking straight. What I meant to say was what's it like moving schools?", I asked her, hoping my question made more sense this time.

She smiled. "Moving schools... It sucks because no one knows you and you feel so vunerable.", she said and bit her lip.

I sighed. "Yeah, I know how you feel. I had to move schools three years ago. It was easier for me though as I had a friend here.", I told her leaving out the details about why I moved.

She looked down and played with her nails. "Shoudln't we be listening?", she asked with a grin.

I shrugged. "Yeah probably.", I said and smiled.

I liked her. She was nice. I probably don't have a chance with someone as beautiful as her though. We decided to listen to what the teacher was saying and it's a good thing we did because we got a test tomorrow.

Finally we were let out of maths and it turns out Jessicah doesn't have anymore classes with me... I would have to wait until next maths lesson to see her again.

I found Chaz by our lockers. He didn't see me coming as he had his head in a magazine.

"Heey man. Don't you ever get caught reading this crap?, I asked as opened my locker.

Chaz jumped. "HAY! You scared me and no.", he said and went back to reading.

I laughed. I swear he just looked at the pictures because Chaz reading.. doesn't happen. I got out my english books, again, and shut my locker as the bell went meaning we had to go to class.

" You coming Chaz?", I asked as he hadn't;t moved when the bell went.

He didn't reply. I was going to have to save him. I took his magazine and ripped it in half.

"Why'd you do that!?", he yelled.

I shrugged. "You don't want to be late do you?", I laughed.

He sighed and slammed shut his locker. We made our way to English which had just started so we got in on time.

"What would you do without me?", I joked.

"I'd still have my magazine.", he laughed.

I rolled my eyes. I was about to actually listen to the teacher but I remembered the girl.

"Hey Chaz, There was this new girl in my maths class.", I told him knowing that he wouldn't be listening to the teacher anyway.

He looked up. "Awesome. What's she like?"he asked in return.

"Let's just say, she's beautiful."