Chapter twenty. Not Noah too.

I woke up in a bed and for about a minute I didn't know where I was. I started fraking out as mum walked in and it all came back to me. I relaxed again and tried to remember what had happened.

'Justin, you're awake.'' Mum said with relief.

I pulled a puzzled face. "I don't remember going to bed?"

Mum shook her head. "You fell asleep for about 20 minutes. I cooled you down with a wet towel. You passed out from your temperature."

I went to pull the blanket up over me but mum stopped me. "I'm freezing... can I please have the blanket?"

Mum sighed. "No. You need to keep your temperature down so you can't have the blanket. You'll notice that I took off your shirt too. You need to stay as cool as possible."

I pulled myself up and leaned against the back of my bed. "What's the time?"

Mum looked at her watch. "7 o'clock. I told you that you weren't out for long."

I went to get up out of bed. "I need to go! I have to go out."

Mum almost looked mad. "Are you kidding me?!"

I shrugged. "I have to go. It's important"

Mum made me lay back down. "You are NOT going out. You need rest and the doctor will be here tomorrow morning. Here, let me take your temperature again.

Mum pulled out the thermometer and put it in my mouth. I sighed as I waited for it to beep. When it finally did, mum pulled it out and read it. "40 degrees Celsius still. We have to get that temperature down."

I sighed again. "Where's Noah?"

"He's asleep... in bed. He'll be good till morning. As for you on the other hand..." She stood up and left the room returning a minute later with a wet towel.

"What's this for?" I asked as I shivered when she placed it under my neck and pulled up the sides to rest on my forehead.

"It'll cool you down." She said and stood up.

I closed my eyes as she left the room but couldn't keep myself from thinking about the pain I was in. My whole body felt like it was on fire now and every muscle in felt as though it had been riped in half.

Mum returned about 4 minutes later with a glass of water. "Justin? You alright?"

I opened my eyes. "I'm okay. Just feel as though i'm going to die. Are you sure i'm not on fire?"

Mum but her lip. "Hot and cold flushes. Don't worry that's normal with a temperature." She passed me the water.

I sighed and took it from her and took a sip. "I am really tired. I think i'll just go to sleep for the night now." I placed the cup next to my bed.

Mum nodded. "Sure thing... remember, no blanket." She stood up and left the room, shutting the door behind her.

I was really tired but I couldn't sleep. I was either really hot or really cold and I wish I had asked mum for some pain killers. I also couldn't stop thinking out letting Jacinta down and what I am going to tell her. I hope it's not too late.

Mum had left my phone downstairs on the couch which had fallen out of my pocket when I fainted. I just layed there extremely uncomfortably.

Eventually I must have fallen asleep as I was woken by Noahs crying. I felt so much worse now but out of habbit I looked at the clock and pulled myself out of bed. It was only 3am and as I walked out into the hallway I had to use the wall to guide me in the dark and keep me from falling over.