Chapter Twenty-eight. Guys night

Over the last week I have really tried to be a better friend to Chaz. I have spoken to Jessicah too, about laying off the 'jokes' about him. She felt really bad and bought him two chocolate bars the next day to say sorry... it was kind of cute.

I decided that a games night would be good for us... I could invite Ryan and have a guys night. At first when I told Jessicah she was a bit upset that I wasn't inviting her but I explained that it was for Chaz's sanity. She just laughed and agreed.

I am waiting in the kicthen with Chaz, waiting for Ryan to arrive... Chaz doesn't know he's coming yet. Shhh!

"I'm so glad it's Friday!" He shoved three pieces of chocolate in his mouth.

I laughed. "Yep. Same here. One week of school down, nine to go."

Chaz rolled his eyes. "Don't remind me,.."

My phone vibrated on the bench and I picked it up before chaz could because I knew it would be Ryan. I unlocked it and read the message in my head.. and yes it was Ryan. 'Hey J. Be there in 1.'  I rolled my eyes. Only Ryan would text me to say that he was about to basically walk in the door.

"Who is it?" Chaz asked and shoved another chocolate in his mouth.

I smiled. "Ryan. He just wanted to catch up."

Chaz sighed. "It would be awesome if he was here now... how come you didn't invite him?"

I shrugged. "Just cause..."

Chaz sighed. "That wasn't answering my question Bieber."

I laughed. "Don't worry about it."

Chaz followed me up the stairs and to the door of my room which had been left open slightly... meaning that Ryan had used his skills at sneaking in to get here.

I pushed the door open and moved aside so Chaz could walk in before me. The minute he walked in his mouth dropped. "Ryan! I should have guessed that you'd be here..."

Ryan smiled. "CHAAAAZZEEEE! Long time no see!" He stood up and gave him a quick hug.

"You guys planned this? For me?" Chaz asked and turned to me.

I nodded. "Yeah I just thought that you would like a guys night and well yeah."

Chaz creased his forehead. "Wait... just to make it clear. No one has died?"

I laughed. "Of course not."

Chaz still wasn't convinced. "You didn't break or loose something of mine?"

I shook my head. "Nope. I just thought you'd like to have a games night with just us and no Jess. Even though I miss her."

"Awesome! Thanks guys! It's good not to have Jessicah here." Chaz said and flopped down onto the bed.

I'm not sure whether or not he meant that in a mean way or not so I just left it. "Yeah it's good just to hang around with you guys..."

Ryan butted in. "And not get our ass's kicked in COD!"

We all laughed. It was true though... we always got beaten by Jess when she played with us. So today it will be fair and the winner will get to take the food that we haven't eaten home. I know it's a stupid bet but we all liked it.

The first 10 minutes were fun and we got through two rounds but then Noah came in and refused to leave. I dropped out the game and left Chaz and Ryan to battle for first and second.

I pulled Noah up to my lap. "What's up baby boy?"

Noah let a tear fall from his eye. "I want yooooou!" He hugged me.

I smiled. "Well you've got me now but I was playing a game with Uncle Chaz and Ryan."

"But you never play with me anymore. Come play buzzy with me." Noah put his hand on my hand and looked me in the eye. I really didn't want to play with his Toy Story toys right now...

"I'll play later okay?"  I was desperate to get back to my game.

Chaz butted in. "i'll go play with him... that's the least I can do."

I looked up at him. "Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Yeah definitely."

Noah screamed with joy. "UNCY CHAZ!!!"

I laughed and he carried Noah out the room.

"What was that about?" Ryan paused the game and looked up at me.

I sighed. "Just Noah complaining again."

Ryan shook his head. "No matter how hard I try, I can't get the fact that you got Sarah knocked up and that you got stuck with the kid out of my head! And I can't believe you only told me that she didn't end up getting an abortion 5 months ago!"

I bit my lip. "Yeah sometimes I can't believe it either. I just didn't think it was right to tell you because you thought I just got her pregnant and you didn't need to know that she kept him. You were here when my mum found out though right?"

Ryan smiled. "Yes I was. Your mum kicked me out after she threw the potato peeler at you... she had just put the knife down so you were lucky... oh and then she dragged you to your room and pushed you in before throwing a bible at you and locking the door from the outside. You weren't allowed to leave until you finished reading it. That's when she told me to leave.."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't remind me. That was the longest three days of my life... nothing but reading the bible. She would bring me water and the three main meals but that's it. I'm glad she finally came to her senses..."

Ryan chuckled. "Your mum was crazy. Does she know about Jessicah?"

I nodded. "Yeah she knows we are going out but I don't think she knows about her being pregnant... I don't know how she hasn't noticed. I mean Jess is 8 months!"

"Maybe you should yell her before the baby comes... You know just in case she takes it the wrong way." Ryan pulled his leg up so it was resting over his other leg.

I shook my head. "I haven't known her long enough."

Ryan bit is lip. "You never know man. I think you should tell her."

I shrugged. "Yeah I will. Don't worry about it okay?"

I went to grab the controller as Chaz walked in. "Noah's fine now."  He sat down and picked up a controller.

"That was quick. What did you do? or say?" I asked and pressed play on our game.

"Nothing really." He exited the game again and got up. "You know what, I'm really tired so i'm going home. Bye guys. See you on Monday Justin." He left the room without another look back.

"That was odd." Ryan said and stood up too. "I'm going to then. You can go play Toy Story with Noah. And i'm taking the food okay?" He left the room too.

Well my plans didn't last long. It's only six o'clock and everyone went home... and i'm left without food. I decided to go and talk to Noah. I'm pretty sure he was lying because I know Noah wouldn't give up that easily.

I walked over to his room and sat down on the ground next to him. "What did Uncle Chaz say to you?"

Noah shrugged. "I can't tell you. It's a secret."

Now that makes sense. Noah loves secrets.

"You can tell me. Pleeeease?!" I needed to know.

Noah sighed. "He told me to tell you that I don't like Jessicah. And that she is mean to me. But he told me not to tell you that he told me."

"Thankyou Noah" I kissed him on the forehead and left.

That's it. I tried to make Chaz feel better but then he goes and tries to make me pick between my son and my girlfriend? I'm not putting up with him anymore. He has crossed the line.