Chapter twenty-one Pneumonia

Well, I did what the doctor said and just waited until the next day for the virus to pass but when I woke up in the morning I didn't feel any better... in fact I felt much, much worse.

I layed there and struggling to keep my eyes open and I felt as though I couldn't breathe. I started coughing violently and mum ran in.

"Justin! Are you alright? What's wrong?" She asked and help me sit up.

I stopped coughing and took a deep breath in but it hurt to breath and I flinched. "I'm fine. The doctor was right. I'm better now." I lied as I didn't want to make a fuss but flinched again as I took another deep breath.

Mum rolled her eyes. "Well Noah is completely better. As for you Justin, you look worse." She placed her hand on my forehead and bit her lip.

"I told you that i'm fine. " I said as I started coughing again and my vision went blurry for a few seconds.

Mum shook her head. "Fine if you're better get up, stand on one foot and sing the alphabet."

I sighed. "Fine." I stood up trying not to show how much pain I was in and got onto one foot. Before I could get to the letter B I lost my balance and fell onto the bed.

Mum crossed her arms. "Right... remember what the doctor said. That if you're not better in the morning to take you to the hospital."

I nodded. "but i'm fine. I just lost my balance."

Mum sat on the end of my bed. "You're not fine. OKay then. i'll let the thermometer tell us." She left the room and returned a minute later with the thermometer.

" I don't think that's necessary." I said and refused to open my mouth.

Mum got angry. "JUSTIN DREW BIEBER! IF YOU DON"T OPEN YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW YOU'LL BE IN HUGE TROUBLE!"

I opened my mouth and she put the thermometer in. I knew she was angry now.. really angry so I didn't dare fight anymore. I sighed as it beeped and she took it out to read it.

"that's it. I'm taking you to the hospital. Get up and get dressed. Or go in your pyjamas.. I don't mind." Mum said and left the room.

I couldn't believe it. Apparently I have to go to hospital. I felt sick enough to go but I didn't want to. It made me feel old that a little virus could send me to hospital. Noah's fine now.. why aren't I?

I got up and slipped on my shirt and shoes before staggering over to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Mum came in and helped me down the stairs and into the car. The whole time I was arguing about not going but mum's word was final.

It took about half an hour to get there and once we were there we had to fill out forms and wait in the waiting room for two hours. While we were waiting it hit me.

"um, mum... where's Noah?" I asked and bit my lip.

Mum laughed. "Um, the new sitter is there. I rang her while you were getting ready to leave."

I relaxed back into the chair. "Phew. I thought we had forgotten about him."

Mum laughed. "Don't worry, i'm not you."

I rolled my eyes and sat in silence for another hour until my name was finally called. We both got up, well mum helped me up, and we made our way into the room shutting the door behind us.

"Justin Drew Bieber" He said as he read from the form we had filled out.

Mum nodded. "Yeah that's him. We had a doctor out yesterday to look at Justin and she said if he's not better today to take him here... to the hospital."

The doctor looked up at me. "Justin, sit up in the bed please and take off your shirt."

I did as he asked and watched as he put the stethoscope into his ears. I jumped a little when it touched my chest as it was cold.  The doctor didn't say anything except when he asked me to take a deep breath in then out. He finally stood back.

"Any other symptoms?"

I shrugged. "Sore all over, headache and temperature."

He sighed. "Hmm, well let me take you temperature." He had a electronic one that goes in your ear and when I beeped it made me jump as it was really loud.

"Is it still high?" Mum asked and sat down next to me.

He nodded. "Deadly high. I have a theory but we will need to take a -ray of his chest to prove it."

I looked up. "An x-ray?"

The doctor nodded. "Yes, I think you may have pneumonia. A lung infection which can be cause by a virus that's gone bad."

Mum sighed. "That's why Noah got better and you didn't. You were in your wet clothes for a long time and that water was really dirty."

I sighed. "Cool story. Can we go home now?" I said and slid off the bed to lean against it.

Mum rolled her eyes. "Um no."

The doctor laughed. "Well, I can see you don't want to be here so i'll tell you what. I'll put you on a a dose of antibiotics and that will make you better." He sat down at his desk and filled out a form.

Mum turned to me. "You're not in my good books right now Justin." She crossed her arms over her chest.

The doctor then handed mum the form he was filling out. "For one week he must take  this 3 times a day."

Mum nodded. "Okay thankyou."

We left the hospital in silence and drive all the way home in silence too. I guess that's better than being yelled at and called immature.. which is what she was thinking. If she was talking to me right now she would probably say something like 'Justin I cannot believe you are so immature. I'm fed up with you acting like a child. Just because you have one doesn't mean you are one... blah blah blah.'

Once we were home I snuck past Noah and and grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen I then slowly made my way upstairs and into my room- which needs to be cleaned REALLY badly- and sat on the edge of my bed, picking up my phone.

I had 5 texts and 3 missed calls.. most if them from Jacinta.. surprise, surprise. The other message was from Jessicah. I ignored the messages from Jacinta as they would all most likely be about me missing our movie night and opened the one from Jessicah.

'Justin!  Im having so much fun here in Paris! I wish you could be here too! I have a surprise for you though. See you soon... very soon. Love Jess.'

I was shocked. I haven't heard from her since she left.

I went to put my phone down but it started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and really didn't want to answer it. But I had too.

"Hey Jacinta."

She cleared her throat. "JUSTIN! YOU DIDN'T TURN UP THE OTHER NIGHT! I GOT IN SO MUCH TROUBLE FOR LYING! YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE!" She yelled at me.

I slightly held the phone from my ear so I didn't go deaf. "I have pneumonia. Is that excuse good enough?"

She didn't reply for a few seconds but when she did she didn't have much to say. "Oh that's a good excuse."

I sighed. "If you're not scared to catch this off me you can come over. If you want."

She laughed. "Are you serious?"

I rolled my eyes "I'm always serious."

"Okay, i'll be over in ten minutes."

I don't know why but I had to make it up to her...well not really if you consider why i'm doing stuff for her in the first place but you know. I will talk to her and see if I can stop this craziness.