everybody wins (except the academy)

leshawna dj & lindsay carried team victory. anyways,,

third person.

"these bleachers are making my ass hurt." sierra complains loudly. noah stares at her from the other side of the bleachers and lets out a small laugh.

"probably because you don't have one." he mumbles. cody laughs beside him, setting his instrument up, since he'd have to play soon. noah sat right beside him, and the only thing separating them as the line that kept the band students away from everyone else. it was still september, which meant that the weather was perfect for a football game. not too hot, not too cold, the perfect amount of wind blowing.

"i'm glad you came to the game, noah ," cody says to his best friend, "i know there's other things you'd rather be doing."

the indian boy chuckles to himself. "anything with you is fine, kid. promise."

cody's eyes light up. "really? so does that mean we can go get milkshakes afterwards?"

it had always been impossible to say no to cody. how could you? he had the most adorable gap-toothed smile. or at least, that's how noah saw it. he leaned into the bleacher behind him and smiled at cody.

"sure thing."

the current score was 0-21, wawanakwa being the ones to not have scored any points yet. the team soon formed in a huddle after the first quarter of the game was over.

"so." duncan says firmly. "we need to go into another play. the one coach planned out obviously isn't working."

dj clears his throat. "why would we just go against what coach planned?"

"because we-"

the punk is cut short after hearing mike breathe loudly.

"you okay, dude?" he asks.

the gap-toothed boy lets out a dark chuckle. "better than ever. i do have an idea, though."

"i don't know how your voice got so deep, but spill!" geoff exclaims.

"gladly. put me in front next time we start. i can tackle these losers with no problem."

"... if you say so."

courtney happily sat at the bottom of the bleachers with bridgette, the two gossiping about random things that occupied their young minds. since they were so close to the cheer team, any time heather caught a break, she would talk to the two girls.

"do you guys seriously think we have a shot at winning?" courtney asks her friends.

heather shrugs. "no clue. we're getting some points now, so i guess we don't completely suck. oh, courtney! you're coming with us to the drive in, right?"

it was a common thing for most of the kids to their local drive in after the end of a football game. win or lose, it was a chance for all of them to connect and just hang out.

"yeah, definitely!" courtney says happily.

bridgette then gets up. "i'm gonna go get some nachos, you guys want anything?"

courtney and heather shake their heads as the blonde girl leaves them.

"so ..." courtney whispers, "how are you feeling?"

the latina would never admit it, but she was absolutely invested in helping heather out. she knew that she'd wanted to focus on academics, but what's wrong with having a friend or two? and heather wasn't going to let courtney leave her any time soon.