princess

duncan .

before you start to think i'm an asshole from what zoey said yesterday, you guys should hear the story from my point of view.

so, i'll rewind a bit. i'm in biology class, and we're about to get paired up in groups.

"lindsay, duncan, and courtney."

this should be fine. lindsay won't do anything, and i'm sure as hell not doing anything, so courtney could do all of the work.

the thing with courtney, though? her name is familiar and she looks familiar. i just can't remember where i know her from. i've been trying to figure it out ever since she got here.

but anyways, lindsay and i are on our phones, but still trying to make it look like we did some type of work. but i couldn't help but see that courtney wasn't working. something had to have been on her mind.

"you good?" i ask her. she nods.

"yeah .. it's just that, i have no idea who should be my running mate. i mean, sure, this school is full of potential people .. but i just don't know who should be my vp."

"geoff." i say blankly.

he'd always been a good friend of mine. we met in middle school along with dj, and we'd always pull pranks and shit. it was cool, until the school called dj's mom and he was grounded for a month, so we decided to retire our pranking business.

"geoff ? why?"

i laugh. "everyone loves geoff. the guy can do no wrong! he may not be the smartest, but i can guarantee you that he's gonna get you hella votes."

courtney shrugs. "you think so?"

i nod, smiling. "you wanna win? geoff's your guy. and he may not be the brightest, but he does care about people. that counts, too."

the tan girl in front of me rolls her eyes. "i guess."

a grin spreads across my face. "nice. i'll text him."

courtney clears her throat. "tell him i want to set up a meeting."

i raise an eyebrow at her. a meeting? this chick is serious. "how's the library after school today?"

"tomorrow. i'm busy today."

i nod my head and send geoff the text. lindsay then leans over to us.

"sorry, crissy, but heather's definitely gonna be student body president. everyone knows that!"

"it's courtney."

i shake my head. "don't even correct her," i mumble, "she's never gonna get it right."

so .. let's fast forward, yeah? it's after school, zoey's at my house, and we're making out. it's cool.

so after we're getting deep into it, she pulls away from me and looks at me sadly.

"what's wrong, dollface?" i ask her, putting a finger under her face.

she sighs. "duncan, why haven't we said "i love you" to each other yet?"

aw, shit. i had a feeling this was gonna happen.

i take zoey off of my lap and stare at her. she looked really hurt. you guys are all probably asking the obvious question: did i love zoey?

my answer to that would be: i don't think so.

zoey and i were amazing. she has this amazing vibe that you couldn't get anywhere else. she'd always get me to do shit that i'd never even think of doing. she even got me to watch that "love, simon" movie. it wasn't terrible.