💔Worthless💔

Distant!Spinel x Caring!Reader

Requested By: No one

For the last few days, Spinel seemed to ignore you, only speaking when it was absolutely necessary. You would visit her everyday on Homeworld and bring her her favorite snacks, like cookies, donuts, and strawberries. She would thank you, a small, but forced smile on her face.

You became concerned and decided on making a second trip to Homeworld. You put on a dress, grabbing a basket of extra cookies and making your way to Steven's house. You finally arrived, smiling at Steven and the Gems as they greeted you.

"What brings you here, Y/N?" Pearl asked. She noticed the basket in your hand and smirked, "Oh, are you going to see someone?" You nodded happily. Amethyst laughed, "You really like her, don't you?" She smiled.

"I care about her. Her heart was broken in the past, I don't want her to feel alone again." You looked to Steven, "Can you guys take me to Homeworld?" You asked kindly. He nodded and you all got on the Warp.

When the bright, blue light vanished, you grinned as you found yourself in the center of the Diamond's Palace. You looked around in awe, waving to some of the gems wandering around.

You noticed a familiar pair of pink, pig-tails. You smiled, looking at Steven, "Go ahead. We're gonna find the Diamond's." He said.

You ran towards Spinel and hugged her, making her yelp in confusion. "Oh, hey." She said bluntly. Your smile faltered slightly, but you replaced it with a new, happier expression.

Usually, Spinel would be bouncing in excitement to see you. But, you put it off, assuming she was feeling tired. She wrapped her arms around you and hugged you tightly, "Spinel, you're squishing me!" You laughed.

Spinel stuttered, "O-Oh, sorry." She apologized quietly. You grabbed her hand and dragged her to her room. "No matter how many times I come in here, it's just....so cool!" You spun around, flopping on one of the pillows on the floor.

"Come sit with me." You said to Spinel. She rubbed her arm, sitting next to you and looking at the floor. You frowned, watching her with concern. You held a finger to your chin, humming in thought.

"Hey, Spins?' You called her by her favorite nickname. She perked up, turning to look at you, "What?" She sighed. "Wanna play 20 questions?" You asked. She sighed again, turning to you, "Yeah, sure." You decided to ask first, "Okay, first question! What's your favorite color?"

She rolled her eyes, "I would say pink, but y'know..." She gestured to herself and you snickered. She looked at you, a genuine smile spreading across her face. "I guess it would be blue." She finished.

You nodded in understanding. You asked another question, "Second question." Spinel turned he gaze to you, listening. "I've noticed that you've been acting strange lately. Are you okay?" Spinel laughed nervously, "I-I mean, yeah, of course I'm okay. W-Why would you think I felt o-otherwise?"

You furrowed your eyebrows, "No, you're not okay. I know you, Spinel. The way you've been acting for the past few days isn't your normal attitude.

Spinel grumbled, "I'm fine." She crossed her arms. You placed a hand on her shoulder gently, trying to get her to talk to you, "No you're not. If you wanna talk, you can just speak to-" "I SAID I'M FINE! YOU DON'T HAVE TO PITY ME AND JUST BE MY FRIEND BECAUSE YOU FEEL BAD FOR ME! IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE HERE ONLY PRETENDS TO LIKE ME SO THEY CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES AND BE CONTENT WITH THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY 'HELPED' SOMEBODY."

Your eyes dilated in fear as Spinel grabbed your wrist, "You can stop pretending now." She sniffed, tears flowing from her eyes. "I know the only reason you're my friend is because.....you know that I'm lonely. You're only my friend because you realized no one else truly cared. You don't either, you just do this because you feel like you have to."

You held onto her hand that was on your wrist, "That's not true, Spinel. I love you. I want you to feel true happiness again. I don't want you to feel like there's no one out there who doesn't want to hold you, make you feel loved, and stick with you no matter what." Spinel's grip on your hand got tighter and stronger.

You winced in pain, looking at her and seeing that her expression had gone dark. "Stop lying! You don't care! You don't like me! You never did! You're...." She punched the wall repeatedly, anger in her eyes as she stared at you.

"You're just like everyone else." She mumbled. You moved toward her as you noticed she had stopped moving. "S-Spinel?" You asked quietly. "Get out." Your eyes widened in shock, "What?..." "I said....GET OUT! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR STUPID FACE EVER AGAIN!" You flinched as her voice rose again.

Every word she spoke was filled with venom and hatred. Your eyes watered and you slowly walked out of her room, taking one last look at her, before rushing out. Steven and the Gems walked by, seeing your hurt expression and the tears on your face.

"Y/N! What's wrong!?" Steven asked urgently. You broke down and he side-hugged you, softly patting your back. "I don't know what happened. Was it something I said?" You sniffed. Garnet placed a hand on your shoulder. "Just give her time to clear her head. She's in a difficult place right now. Maybe come back tomorrow."

You nodded, following them back to the Warp. Spinel watched from her door, eyes showing surprise and sadness.

"I'll come get you in 10 minutes. Are you sure you don't want me to come?" Steven asked as you both arrived back at Homeworld. You listened to what Garnet told you and came back the next to. You looked at Steven calmly, "No, I can go alone." You told him.

"Okay, call me if you need anything. They recently installed power lines and cell signal things." "Telephone lines?" You laughed. "Yeah, those." Steven said shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Okay, see you in a few." He said, warping away. You slowly walked around, searching for Spinel.

You couldn't find her anywhere, which was strange. She would normally hang around the palace, "Weird." You said to yourself. You decided to check in her room. When you arrived, the door was cracked and you slid it open. It was completely dark, "Hey, Spinny. I know you probably don't wanna see me, but I..." You trailed off, seeing something faintly glowing in her blankets.

You went over and saw...

You backed away, hot tears running down your cheeks....

You softly picked it up...

You pulled out your phone, dialing Steven....

He answered sounding happy, "Hey, what's up?" He asked....

"Steven...."

"She's gone....."

You cried these words, holding the shards of Spinel's gem...