~ this has to be a joke ~

Sultans of Ping FC ~ "Where's Me Jumper?"

"It's alright to say things can only get better,

You haven't lost your brand new sweater,

Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,

Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

A loud persistent beep vibrated through my ears. I felt like I was lying on a cot, although I was aware that whatever I was on was more comfortable then my bed in Argentina. Rolling to my side, I search my ever running brain for an explanation of my discomfort. I specially bought a comfortable bed for the house I was staying in, so something wasn't right.

I try my best to be sneaky as I carefully and slowly open my eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if I was about to be tortured, I mean usually it's a Tuesday that, that happens but we can move it up I guess. The second I realize I'm in a hospital bed I let out a huff of annoyance, I fucking hate hospitals.

In a third of a second, I turned off the medical equipment and unattached it from myself. Noticing a pile of clothes in the corner, I change quickly, something I picked up from years of acting camps and my lovely job. I don't like using the word spy, so I won't.

I turn around, my hazel eyes meeting familiar blue orbs. Shocked blue orbs. "You're up?!" Wasn't really a question. I nod, pulling my hair into a high ponytail, "I would have knocked if-"

"Don't worry about it Jethro," I cut him off reassuringly, "Many people have seen me change, one more won't kill me," I state. He just stares at me, silent. I raise my eyebrows on question but he doesn't respond.

Saying nothing he walks towards me till his body is about a foot away from me. "I'd li-"

I shake my head in protest, "I do believe I've informed you and your director that I'm off the clock. I didn't come here to work. And contrary to Anthony's belief, I didn't come to flirt with you."

He nods sarcastically, "Right personal reasons." He pauses, "Do I pretend I don't know what they are?" Jethro rhetorically asks.

I lick my lips in amusement drawing his attention to them, "I'd be worried if you didn't. Though I would hope you keep it between me, your gorgeous face, and Abigale's gorgeous mind." It was a question in a statement but he just nods.

"Depends. Would you like to pretend that you're keeping an eye on our director?"

I smirk, "Are you asking me to pull being a double agent?" I ask, an eyebrow perked.

He shrugs, "Technically you'd be a triple agent since you do have your own agenda." He halfheartedly states.

I laugh lightly, "You are a lot less serious when you are not around your team." I comment.

Smiling slightly he shrugs once again, "I tend to do that with people I'm comfortable with." He admits, a hint of amusement in his voice.

Chuckling, I smile at him, "Oh and you are comfortable with me? Most people find me the intense type," It was true, although Jethro just laughs.

"I like it." He claims, "S-"

"You know this is the most I've heard say. In fact it's more then I've heard from you in the two days prior." I interrupt him with a joking tone.

"Most people find me the quiet brooding type," He rephrases my words. I laugh through close lips, trying to hold in my smile. It didn't work.

"So-"

"Of course Jethro. I wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity to see your handsome face almost everyday."

*

I chose something practically non existent. I think Jethro didn't realize that when he said 'choose any job' that I'd make my own. I mean, come on, I'm on a break from work. I'm not going to go out of my way to work. That's just stupid.

So, I am currently a casual profiler that is technically an assistant. I wasn't joking with Jethro when I said I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to see his handsome face almost everyday. I made myself his personal assistant.

"This has to be a joke." Dinozzo exclaims starring at me, "This has to be a joke," he repeats, turning to McGee. I keep a straight face, although amusement was clearly dancing around in my eyes.

McGee just shrugs, "Gibbs said it was happening."

"Has the man lost it?"

"Actually," Ellie interjects, "Gibbs seemed pretty together when he announced it. I mean what was he expecting, Elle really did do what he said, she told him what job she wanted." She defends me, causing me to smile.

I point to her, "See, I was just following directions." I claim.

McGee chuckles, and goes back to whatever he was doing on his computer.

"I for one think he did it for the coffee." Dinozzo states, rolling his eyes.

I throw my hands up in exasperation, "Who wouldn't, have you had my coffee," I ask cheekily.

Anthony glares at me, "No, I have not." He firmly states.

I laugh slightly, "Your world must be so dull. I mean Jethro smiled for once, and it was the magic of my coffee. Imagine what it could do for you."

Jethro walks around the corner, "Maybe he'd do his job for once." He causally says, handing me a coffee.

I look at it then him, "I thought I was the assistant here?" I mumble in a questioning voice taking a sip of the warm liquid.

He ignores me and grabs something out of the drawers of his desk, "Dead Marine, Maryland, lets go!" He shouts across the bullpen, tossing me a gun.

I raise my eyebrows up in surprise, "Jethro I have my own gun." I state.

"Guns. And I'm aware." He replies, walking around me. Tossing me a jacket he waves for me to follow him, "Come on, lets go. You're my assistant are you not? I might need more coffee well I'm studying a crime scene." He pauses, a small smile on his face, walking backwards, "Besides it's a opportunity to see my handsome face serious." He mocks me, turning back around.

I chuckle lightly, following him to the elevator with the rest of his team.

"Did Gibbs just flirt?" Anthony asks in disbelief. Me and Jethro go stoic, right into boss mode.

Eleanor nods, "I believe he did." They are aware we are right here right? We can hear them.

Anthony shakes his head, "But she's not a redhead." He exclaims, nodding towards me.

McGee shrugs, "Does it matter?" He asks.

"But it's Gibbs,"

Ellie chuckles, "Exactly, do you really want to know?"

"But she's not a redhead!" He exclaims once again.

The elevator dings, "That's what's fun about it." Jethro states, walking out and into the garage like it was obvious. I follow him, leaving the shocked agents in the elevator.

"Are you just going to stand there? Let's go, we have a killer to catch!"