"Mother f****r, you know damn well what I'm talkin' 'bout" (Origins Arc)

Currently looking at each other in silence, the assassin and director of S.H.I.E.L.D. competed in a heated staring contest.

The chocolate skinned man spoke first, "How did you do it?"

"Do what?" the assassin smirked slightly and raised a brow, "You're gonna have to elaborate a little more, director."

"Mother fucker, you know damn well what I'm talkin' 'bout," Nick leaned back in his seat and raised his brow in a knowing glance, "Budapest...how?"

The assassin's smirk only grew, "Well...let's go for a walk...shall we, Director?"

(***)

November 25th, 2007

Santa Monica,

California

1400 hours

In Santa Monica pier, the people of Cali are all currently enjoying the feel of the scenery as they went along their merry ways on this fine day.

In a particular cafe of sorts, Ghost is currently seen sitting in a booth by himself with a cup of coffee in front of him. As the steam left the coffee cup, the blue eyed man merely stared at it, lost in his own little world when he heard several chairs being shifted and utensils being dropped as people left the premises immediately.

Someone slid into the booth with him with a smile, "It's good to finally see you again my boy."

Ghost looked up and blinked at the older man before him, "Godfather..."

The curly haired man gave the younger man a slightly bigger grin, "Where have you been, Ghost? Ever since Moscow you've been--"

"I want out," Ghost cut off Godfather which prompted a raised brow and incredulous look from the elder man.

"...E-Excuse me?"

"I want out," Ghost firmly said this time and leaned in closer, "I can't do this anymore, Godfather."

Godfather leaned in as well and whispered to Ghost, "My boy...I don't know if you've noticed, but people don't usually just get to leave this life. That's not the rules."

"But you make them," Ghost fired back.

"Although true, people may see this as favouritism if I just let you away," Godfather had a serious face now.

"Let them think what they want then," Ghost leaned back in his seat and looked back at the older man's entourage, "The fact of the matter is, the innocent lives that were lost during the Moscow job...were just another piece of garbage to you all--"

"You will watch your tone--"

"You congratulated me, Godfather..thinking that I was the one that pressed that button, but I wasn't... I wasn't," Ghost lowered his head, "And now everytime when I go to sleep, I see them...those kids, those families...everything..."

Godfather sighed and leaned back in his seat whilst rubbing his face, "This is the life you chose, Ghost...the choice you made--"

" I didn't have a choice!" Ghost bursted out, prompting the other assassins to look at him quizzically. The brown haired man leaned in closer to Godfather and whispered this time, "I didn't have a choice. None of us did, you took us off the streets, out of orphanages...we had nothing and you exploited that. So tell me, what choice was that did we have?"

Godfather sighed and looked down for a few seconds, as if contemplating for a few moments. Then, after much deliberation it seemed, the older man looked back up at Ghost with keen eyes.