"...I'm listening" (Avengers 2012)

Previously...

Loki puts up his hands and surrenders. His armor materializes away.

"Good move," Iron Man says as Cap, Ghost and Shadow all join his side. Shadow's eyes turn back to his usual brown ones as his veins stop glowing as well.

"Mr. Stark," Cap greets, looking down at Loki.

"Captain," Tony greets back before turning around to look at Ghost and Shadow questioninly, "Budapest Man I recognize...the other though..."

Ghost and Shadow merely exchange a glance.

"It's a long story," Shadow states simply.

....

As the team was currently heading back towards the Helicarrier in the Quinjet, Natasha is seen in the pilot seat whilst Ghost and Shadow are both sitting opposite to Loki, whom was smiling at the last Godfather.

Ghost said nothing whilst Shadow merely had a brow raised.

"What's your problem?" Shadow decided to ask and clear up any confusion.

"Oh, no problem," Loki smirked, his eyes still not being taken off of Ghost, "Just curious."

"And why is that?" Ghost said his first words since apprehending Loki.

"Oh, I'm just wondering what it must feel like for you," Loki grinned now, "...Being a God among men."

Ghost's jaw clenched as he continued to look at Loki.

"It's exhilarating, isn't it?" Loki tried to prompt a response out of him.

"You talk too much," Ghost simply stated as he got up from his seat and left.

Shadow huffed in amusement as he followed Ghost to another part of the already cramped jet.

"Ghost," Shadow called after him, prompting the former Godfather to stop.

"What?" Ghost asked as he turned.

"I need to ask you something," Shadow glanced around before looking back to Ghost, "What happened back at the museum?"

Ghost raised a brow, "What're you talking about, we got the bastard, didn't we?"

"Yeah..." Shadow nodded in understanding, "But I'm not talking about that...I'm talking about you...back there when I enhanced myself, I thought you'd be the one following right after."

"Well," Ghost began, "Maybe I just thought that you and Steve had everything handled."

"Yeah, see...I don't believe you," Shadow tilted his head, " You're one of the most cautious men I know...What's going on...?"

"Cautious? I wouldn't call what happened in Nicholas' office, cautious," Ghost huffed in amusement which made Shadow shake his head with a smirk.

"Oh please, I saw right through that," Shadow shook his head, "You needed Fury cautious. Whatever secrets he's hiding...he's gonna have Hill paying extra close attention to it now."

Ghost's head began nodding now, "You know for an idiot you're actually kinda smart."

"Oh," Shadow grabbed his chest, "I'm touched."

Ghost found himself chuckling for the first time since he placed on his Ronin mask. Shadow joined in afterward.

However, the sound of thunder took their attention away from their previous conversation and to the outside.