Chapter Two

Jason led Starfire and Arsenal to Black Mask's hideout where they found six goons. Jason leapt on one and punched another, while Roy shot one in the ankle with an arrow and cracked another over the head with his bow. Kory blasted one and kicked the last one, knocking him out. As the trio made their way to the next room, Jason noticed a pair of turrets next to each other and shoved the other two out of their line of fire.

"Great." Roy sighed angrily. "Now what?"

"Do you real not have grenades?" Jason mocked Roy, throwing one into a wall and letting it bounce off, destroying the turrets.

"I have explosive arrows and that's enough." Roy snapped.

"Didn't seem like it." Jason smirked under his helmet. The trio silently continued on, taking out any thugs they were met with and working quite well together as a team. Eventually the reached the door to Black Mask's office. "Alright, this should be his office. Be ready for anything." 

Jason kicked the door down and was met with Black Mask and three very muscular body guards, ready for them. One of the guards immediately charged at Arsenal, knocking him to the ground in the corridor.

Starfire locked her eyes onto another bodyguard and quickly blasted him, hitting him in the chest and stunning him long enough for her to fly over and punch him in the jaw.

Red Hood dodged a punch from the third henchman and hit him over the head with the butt of his gun, stunning him. Seizing his opportunity, Red Hood grabbed the man and threw him at Black Mask. Black Mask just managed to duck out of the way, but the guard smashed through the window behind him and fell out of the high up building. Stafford noticed this and disengaged from her fight to catch the man who was falling to his death. She only just managed to catch him before he hit the concrete ground below.

Arsenal got up and speedily kicked the man in the head and punched him in the stomach, before whipping around and sending two arrows straight into his kneecaps. The guard fell to his knees and screamed in pain, but was silenced by a swift jab to the neck.

As Starfire reached the top with the guard, she was immediately swung at by her previous attacker. Luckily, she dodged it at the last minute and retaliated by blasting him in the chest, knocking him out.

Jason picked Black Mask up and punched him in the face.

"That was for the kids you got addicted to those drugs, scumbag!" he yelled. Black Mask growled at his attacker, pulling a gun out. But Jason was quickly and swiftly disarmed him, breaking his wrist. "If Batman wasn't on my back all the time I'd throw you out this window. But instead I'll send you back to Blackgate where you'll inevitably break out and do all this again." He handcuffed Black Mask and knocked him out, before pulling something out of his pocket.

"Red Hood, what's that?" Arsenal questioned. Red Hood ignored him, pressing the button on the detonator. The building started to collapse in a fiery blaze from the very bottom, slowly crawling up like a spider to a wall. Thinking fast, Starfire grabbed Arsenal, Red Hood and Black Mask and flew out to the pavement, where she placed all three down.

"What were you thinking?" Starfire asked angrily. "You could've killed us!"

"And you killed those guards!" Arsenal pointed out. Red Hood looked up to the top floor of the building where they were and looked back st the irritated pair.

"They'll be alright." he shrugged.

"Ugh!" Arsenal groaned. "Why is everything a joke to you? You act all high and mighty against Batman like he's the scum of the Earth but you aren't all that perfect either!"

"If you were paying attention, you'd realise that I was the one who led you both here!" Jason yelled back.

"Yes, and the one who just murdered three people!" Kory pointed an accusatory finger at Jason.

"They're barely even people anyway! The world is better off without them!" Jason shouted. "No-one will even notice they're gone!"

"Do you really think it's only the big league villains Batman cares about not killing?" Roy replied. "He doesn't want you to kill anyone!"

"Well he's wrong!" Jason screamed. "He's just as crazy as the Joker or Scarecrow if he thinks everyone can be rehabilitated because they can't! Not everyone can realise 'Oh shit, murdering innocents is bad!'! Not everyone can read a book about psychology and feel better like Oracle did!"

"But it's worth a try isn't it Jason?" Kory scowled.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Jason asked, catching on to what Kory was implying. Instead of entertaining Jason more, Kory just grabbed Roy by the arm and flew back to Titans Tower, leaving Jason alone.

---

"Really?" Damian asked, surprised. "That was it?"

"Nah, there's more. But it's getting late and probably past your bedtime so you should get going. I don't want a rant from Batman." Roy told Damain, pushing him out the door. Damian caught the door and asked Roy one more question.

"What did Kory mean at the end?" he questioned.

"She..." Roy hesitated. "Look, Jason clearly isn't mentally stable. She was saying that maybe Jason should, instead of murdering people, read up about psychology and maybe take a step back from crime fighting to get his head straight. Now go!" Roy slammed the door, letting Damian think about it.

---

Damian hopped out of the taxi and gave the driver twenty dollars before heading into the apartment complex. He knocked on the door he wanted and waited for an answer.

"Kid?" Jason Todd said confusedly.

"I think we should talk." Damian replied, letting himself in.

"Jeez, make yourself at home why don't you?" Jason muttered. "What is it?"

"Roy told me up to where you blew up a building." Damian told him bluntly.

"Did he now?" Jason chuckled.

"Kory was right, Jason." Damian said seriously.

"Hmm?" Jason responded, puzzled.

"You need help." Damian looked at his brother meaningfully.

"Look I'm fine!" Jason yelled.

"You're clearly not." Damian answered calmly.

"I've said this before to Roy and I'll say it to you; not everyone can just read a book like Barbara did and get better!" Jason shouted.

"I'm not telling you to just read a book." Damian sighed. "I'm asking you to book therapy sessions and talk about how your feeling and not just shoot people."

"Maybe that's how I cope." Jason murmmered.

"That doesn't mean it's good." Damian said. "Look, just consider it okay? I'm not doing this to be a pain in your ass, I'm asking you because you're my brother and I love you."

"Jesus, you must really be passionate. Those are hard words to pry out of you." Jason mocked.

"I'm being serious." Damian responded.

"Fine, I'll look into it." Jason lied, pushing Damian to the door.

"Goodbye J." Damian smiled weakly.

"See you around." Jason finished moodily, shutting the door in his brothers face. Jason sighed and walked over to the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of whiskey. He wandered over to the sofa with it and sat down, sighing as he set his glass down on the coffee table.

"He's right Jason." a voice from the window startled Jason, but saw it was Batman.