Chapter Eleven

Nightwing, Harley, Red Robin and Batgirl all headed back to the Court of Owls' hideout, whilst Batman, Starfire, Red Hood, Robin, Batwoman, Orphan, Red Arrow and Spoiler stayed to protect Gotham from the possibly invading forces of The Order of St. Dumas. 

Batman had called up Azrael and informed him of the resurgence of the The Order and decided to help Batman's cause. 

Red Hood kneeled on top of a building, surveying the area. Suddenly, Starfire laid a hand on his shoulder, startling him. 

"Oh." Jason said, looking behind him. "It's you."

"Yes, me." Kory giggled, sitting beside Jason.

"What do you need?" Jason asked, looking at Kory and scowling.

"Do I need a reason to check up on my friend?" Kory reasoned. Jason sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Look, I just want to be left alone for a bit." Jason snapped.

"You've been left alone for a few years now. You haven't accepted any help, and now you finally realise murder isn't okay, you push your family away from you in an attempt to relieve yourself as a burden."

"I am a burden." Jason responded bluntly, going back to looking over Gotham.

"No you're not." Kory replied firmly, laying a hand on Jason's shoulder. "You're scared." Jason sighed again and walked away, leaning on an wall.

"I'm  a murderer. I may have been killing the shittiest pieces of scum on the planet but it's murder." Jason explained. 

"Isolating yourself doesn't help. Damian, Bruce and Dick have all been telling you to get help, but you're not. Killing isn't a suitable coping mechanism, and neither is isolation." Kory stated, before pulling Jason into a hug.

"I guess you're right." Jason said, kneeling back down and scanning the city again. "Wait, there!" he exclaimed, pointing at some thing in the distance.

It was a giant burning symbol for The Order of St Dumas, which Jason knew all to well.

"Kory, call everyone back to the Batcave. Fly back and make sure everyeine's there." Jason said clearly and firmly, making it clear to Kory that this was important.

"What about you?" Kory asked.

"I have a history with what they call 'The Burner'. I almost got her out of The Order but I failed." Jason explained. Kory nodded and rocketed away, whilst Jason grappled to another building and began free-running across Gotham towards his destination.

Eventually he got there, and just managed to catch the Burner before she got away.

"Sally, wait!" Jason shouted. The woman stopped in her tracks and turned around. 

"Jason? Jason Todd?" she checked, in disbelief.

"Yeah, in the flesh." Jason smiled, recieving  a hug from Sally.

"I thought you were dead or something." she laughed.

"I'm not." Jason said, laughing for a few seconds before calming down and taking a more serious demeanour. "I thought, after everything we did together, I'd got you out of here."

"The Order of St Dumas is saving people!" Sally grimaced, clenching her fists.

"Who exactly? Because the building you just set ablaze to make your symbol to start a fucking war has killed about ten people already." Jason scowled.

"I thought you loved killing." Sally smiled sarcastically, clearly trying to trick Jason.

 "People change. And grow a few brain cells, and I guess you lost some." he finished as he kicked her to the ground.