Chapter Twelve

"Barbara!" Red Hood yelled as he saw the arrowhead pierce her chest. "Babs, stay with me."

"Jason." Barbara choked out. "It's okay."

"Barbara..." Jason whispered, as he stroked her cheek.

"This isn't his fault." Barbara said. "Don't blame him."

HOURS EARLIER

"Yo, Jason?" Roy asked. Jason rolled his eyes and turned his attention to him. The whole group were put into seperate jets as they travelled to the Order of St Dumas' base. It was Roy, Jason, Barbara, Tim, Stephanie and Batman were in one, "We nearly there?"

"No, we're not. How would I know?" Jason replied scathingly.

"Hey, you might've." Roy said defensively. "You had any luck with Barbara?"

"Why do you want to know?!" Jason yelled as he stood up and stared at Roy angrily. Everyone there was staring at Jason.

After realising this, Jason smiled slightly and sat down, rubbing his forehead.

"Dude, you gotta tell her." Roy pushed.,

"No. It's final." Jason muttered.

"Hey, Jason?" a voice came from nearby. It was Barbara.

"Babs. H-hi." Jason said quietly.

"Can we talk?" she asked politely.

"Uh, okay." Jason said, walking towards the back of the jet alongside her.

"Jason, you don't do a very good job of hiding it. I know you love me, like more than a friend." Barbara explained.

"No! Why would you think that?" Jason denied this profusely. Barbara gave him a look. "Fine."

"Look, Jason. You know I'm single. You're single. But you're all trigger happy! I need you to promise never to kill whilst we're together if we get through this, okay?" Barbara smiled.

"I promise." Jason responded quickly. "Is that a yes?"

"Yeah, it is." Barbara laughed. "Now come on, I think we're here." The pair walked back to their seats.

"So...what did she say?" Roy grinned.

"Yes!" Jason smiled happily, even hugging Roy.

"Are you okay?" Roy smirked.

"I'm happy! For once in my goddamned life, I'm happy!" Jason shouted ecstatically. Just then, the jet shook and Batman had to reassure them, as he was the pilot.

"The Order have their soldiers attacking us. Luckily, the other team got in." he explained. "Jason, Roy, Stephanie would you please deal with them. They're up top."

"Got it." Jason nodded as he opened the ladder and climbed up.

He kicked a knight away and grappled another towards him, kicking them down. Roy shot an arrow into another's shoulder and knocked them unconscious, whilst Stephanie threw a batarang at another and threw one more off.

"That was easy!" Roy called.

"Don't say that! You'll jinx it!" Stephanie joked.

"Is that-" Jason was cut off by a knife piercing his side, and he keeled over.

"Jason!" Roy shouted, kicking the man that stabbed him away.

"Angry, huh?" the man taunted, looking up to reveal Deathstroke.

"Slade!" Roy grimaced, shooting an arrow at Slade only for him to catch it and break it.

Jason took the knife out and tried to stem the bleeding with a cloth, but failed. Stephanie helped him up and took him back down, asking Tim to give him medical attention as she climbed back up.