[8] Orange

That's when Lia jumped up, her heart pounding against her chest in an unimaginable speed as she felt wide awake.

She noticed how damp her face was, probably because she was also in a cold swear, before she realized something that made her let out a sigh of relieve.

Just a dream. Just a... goddamn, stupid, nerve-wracking nightmare.

Everything will be okay.

She gulped, shifting in her seat so that she was sitting more comfortably, before taking in her surroundings.

She was still inside the hospital, she has been there for about... Looking down to her watch, she noticed that it has already been 12 hours, just waiting for someone to tell her if Ryujin is alright, or if she's even alive.

Lia honestly couldn't even tell when she fell asleep, but she didn't care anyways.

She was determined that she would be sitting here as long as she needed to, and nobody could possibly stop her from doing so, not even the nurses.

The others were with the police right now, trying to get Ryujin's dad into prison as fast as possible, so Lia was all by herself.

The girls actually wanted to stay with Lia, mostly because they were afraid that Lia will do anything she might regret later, though Lia said she needed some space for a bit, processing everything that went down.

"Miss Choi?"

She immediately looked up to see a woman with white hospital clothing, probably a nurse, who cleared her throat, while cracking a smile.

"I am happy to tell you that Miss Shin is alive and also in a surprisingly good condition. Though she was very, very lucky."

Lia felt an incredible relieve washing over my body as tears were forming in her eyes again, but this time, it was because almost all of her fears disappeared completely, like she drop kicked the demon that was holding onto her for these 12 hours.

But what relieved her even more was that she was able to have a future with Ryujin, which felt so overwhelming to her, because she honestly almost lost hope back in the forest, when Ryujin tried telling her how everything was alright.

It just made her feel something that couldn't just be described as 'happy', knowing that she was able to make more memories, to hug her, snuggle her, kiss her, see her soft side again.

"The knife hit her breastbone and slipped off to the right side into her lung, if it would have slipped off to the left side, her heart would have been there, and that would have killed her for sure. There was also an artery cut and her right lung collapsed though to the knife. But she also got some bigger bruises from the fight she got in, like some bruised and broken rips and a black eye."

Lia felt her heart sinking slowly, as she remained quiet, realizing in how much pain Ryujin must have been during all of this, but it somehow seemed too surreal to make her process anything that the nurse was trying to tell her.

"But she still lost a lot of blood, which is why we needed to rely on blood donations to keep her stable during the surgery. And also, for someone who got stabbed some hours ago, she's seems to be in a relatively good mood."