So you walked like a NewYorker and didn't pay anyone else any mind. Once you reached the bus station you gave the man your ticket and hopped on, taking your seat.

  So far, so good. It was about 15 minutes later that the bus started driving off. You reached into one of your bags and pulled out a brand new phone that you had yet to open. You took your time setting it up, it gave you something to do.

Thankfully no one had sat beside you so you had your entire row to yourself. You leaned back and closed your eyes, a small nap wouldn't hurt.

—————

  Back at the school, Happy was walking out of the office with a nervous look. When you weren't one of the first kids out of the school like you usually were he figured you were just talking to a friend or something. When Peter and MJ came out without you he started to worry. He was put a bit more on edge when they said they hadn't seen you since 3rd period.

So he did the only reasonable thing and walked into the office to see if they had any clue where you were. When that came up empty he finally called your mother.

"Happy, what happened." Happy winced at her tone but it was to be expected, he rarely called Natasha, and seeing as he was supposed to be picking you up from school she was already worried.

"It's Y/N, we can't find her." He sighed nervously.

"What do you mean you can't find her?" Nat's words caused everyone else in the gym with her to pause. There was a pause as Nat pinched the bridge of her nose. "I'll be there soon." She hung up and before any questions could be thrown her way she snapped into action, gathering her things and rushing to the door. "Y/N's missing."

Everyone snapped into action, whatever they were doing beforehand, and rushed after Natasha. "What do you mean she's missing?" Clint asked as they walked into the common room. "Exactly that Barton, Happy said she's not at her school."

This caught Wanda and Tony's attention who were both prepping for movie night. "She can't have gotten too far can she? Not with this kind of traffic." Nat began to call you but it went straight to a "this number is no longer in service." message which only made her heart hammer in her chest.

Tony raised an eyebrow of his own. "Hey FRIDAY? Ping Y/N's phone." Natasha began to pace the floor nervously as she tried to call you again only to revive the same message. "I'm sorry sir, but the last known location is her school. It seems she has also completely wiped her phone."

"She's too smart for her own good." Bucky groaned as he two began to pace back and forth. "Check her bank account, that could give us an idea of where she's going," Sam suggested.

"It seems all money has been withdrawn from the account in small increments over the past month." FRIDAY replied.

"She's been planning this for a while," Steve commented with a shake of his head. "Hey FRIDAY, when you say small increments, how much we talking here?" Clint said eyeing Tony suspiciously.

"About $55,000 every two days, Agent Barton." At this everyone turned and looked over at Tony, Natasha glaring at him so harsh he felt his heart may give out. "Okay, so maybe I went a little overboard with birthday money. And drunk gifting..."

Shaking her head Natasha walked to the elevator. "Where are you going?" Wanda asked as the rest of them followed her into the elevator.

"To her school to look around."

——————

It had been a few weeks since you had left New York. Truth be told you did miss everyone but you got over it quickly. Using the money Tony had given you over the years you rented out a small apartment in a small city in Maryland.