"One time when I was at his place, I found him dozing off while brushing his teeth," Brendon chuckled. "That man is always tired. I find him napping over half the time I see him. How he managed to be the best in his field is a mystery."

"That's because I'm good at my job," Ryan joined in. The four jumped and turned to see Ryan walking to their group. Everyone had on proud smiles, Brendon being the only one who was guilty for talking about him without him there. Ryan went straight to Brendon, bent over and planted a soft kiss on the man's lips. He ignored the 'ooo's and 'awe's of his colleagues.

"What are you doing here?" Ryan asked and sat on the edge of the bed beside Brendon." "I thought we were going to meet up after I got off." Brendon nodded and handed his unfinished back of chips which Ryan happily took.

"We are. Gerard texted me asking if I wanted to have lunch. I didn't know your guy's lunch meant going to the vending machine." Ryan shot Gerard a suspicious look before turning back to Brendon.

"We do eat normal meals. I don't why he didn't just take you to the cafeteria."

"How were we going to talk about you if there were a bunch of other people around," Gerard questioned and took a bite out of one of his chips. Ryan shrugged as he munched through Brendon's bag.

"So are you two official yet?" Tyler asked. Patrick nodded quickly, curious of the answer.

"Oh, uh," Brendon started nervously. The three doctors snickered as Brendon suddenly blushed and avoided eye contact. 

"You've been coming around here to meet up with Ryan for weeks," Gerard commented.

"You've already stayed at Ryan's place when he's not there. How long do we have to wait? You two are already the cutest couple in the hospital." Brendon bit his lip to hold back his smile and focused his eyes on his juice pouch. He felt Ryan lean in and give him a soft kiss on his upper jaw.

"We can keep taking things slow, but it'd be nice to be able to officially call you mine," Ryan whispered so only he could hear. "Then I could cuddle you and hold you hand and kiss you and have a valid reason to get jealous when another guy tries talking to you. I could tell people that I have the most gorgeous boyfriend ever."

Brendon felt the back of his neck up to the tips of his ears burn bright red. He glanced up to see the other three doctors huddled together, waiting for a response. Ryan reached his hand and clasped Brendon's hand in his own, locking their fingers together.

"Is that okay?" Ryan said to regain Brendon's attention. The man took a deep breath and nodded slowly.

"Okay," he whisper. Ryan pulled Brendon into a quick kiss as the trio cheered.

"Fucking finally," Gerard sighed. Brendon giggled as he received congratulations.

"So you're official now?" The five turned to see Jon standing at the corner. Ryan wrapped his arm around Brendon's waist and pulled him close.

"Yep," he said proudly." Brendon looked down, feeling Jon glare at him.

"Ryan, I need your help looking at some scans." He left as fast as he came.

"What's his problem," Patrick asked, annoyed at the swift in mood.

"I don't think he was very happy with the news."

"Why not? They're a perfect match." Brendon tried to keep his guilt from showing.

"I gotta go back to work," Ryan interrupted his thought. "I'll see you later." He gave Brendon a quick kiss and whisper in his ear, "babe." Brendon watched him leave, butterflies flapping around his insides.

~~~

"You're gonna pay for that!" Brendon let out a playful scream as he ran through Ryan's house. The older managed to get close enough to grab the other's arm and stop him from fleeing.

"No! Have mercy!" Ryan threw Brendon over his shoulder, marching back through the house. Brendon let out a laugh, only barely struggling. When they got back to the kitchen, he set the man down. Brendon let out another laugh as he took in the large amount of flour coating Ryan's fluffy hair and shirt.

"Fair is fair." Ryan scooped up a hand full of flour and rubbed it into Brendon's hair. Brendon shook his head, the flour falling out in powered smoke. "Maybe that'll teach you that flour belongs in the cake and not on the baker," Ryan playfully scolded. Brendon crossed his arms and pouted. "No, none of that."

The younger averted his eyes, huffing like a child. Ryan hooked his hand under the other's chin, holding him still as he leaned down for a kiss. Brendon jumped in surprise before melting against his boyfriend. He wrapped his arms around the taller's neck. Ryan smiled against the other's lips, pulling away slowly.

"We should finish. I don't think Patrick will be happy if we don't have the cake ready in time for the party." Brendon nodded in agreement. Patrick was a total sweetheart, but he'd seen the man angry and vowed never to get on his bad side.