9. Barbecue

Day 10.

Norman hosted a party in the corridor of CTO accommodation. All his friends were invited - all the CTOs.
He arranged a pig roast for them.

Don't be mistaken. The pig was none other than me.
While Norman sat on one of the chairs, I stood right in the middle of more than fifteen CTOs. Captain Neil settled himself in the corner, clearly not interested in the gathering, but being a part of it anyways.

It's been three hours already and I'm of the opinion that KMA orientation nights were too gracious, gentlemanly and sober for one's own good.

They have ravaged my dignity with questions, comments, jokes and tasks.
The feel of clothes on my body was a reminder that atleast physically, I'm immaculate.

They knew sweating won't be a trouble for me. Heck I'd give them a tough time to make me sweat - I've been through worst. So they went for everything else.

Digging into my personal life, humiliating the last of my cell, counting out all my mistakes so far, proving how weak and useless I am - I'd have a nice time if I was on that side. The ragging senior in me would have been so satisfied. But being on this side - it was next to impossible to hold myself up.

I knew they were not bad people. They were doing it just for the sake of scaring me and making me feel worthless.

I would occasionally glance my eyes over Neil's face when I was about to burst only to find him giving me a comforting look back. That would help me gain some control over my tongue and expressions.

I thought he was there to help me through this all. But I was so wrong.

The moment I thought things were wrapping up, I heard his voice for the first time in the night.
'Do you drink?'

My eyes went wide knowing what these three words can do to me right now, regardless of my answer.

"No, sir."
I answered accepting a grand fuck mentally.

And as expected, loud gasps and exhales came out from the CTOs.
"You pup! When are you going to grow up?"
"Not a man yet?"
"Mumma's boy doesn't drink."
"What a great night to adopt a bad habit."
"You'll drink tonight. Whatever we tell you."
"How much we say."
"Till we don't tell you to stop."

Damn you fucker Neil!

I was cursing him mountains in my head but the asshole just smirked as if he could hear every word of my swears.

"I've got a few bottles." he said.
Seven Fucking hells.

Norman looked at him as if he didn't believe him too. But was impressed.

My face went white as Neil really brought a few bottles of alcohol from his room.
I just stood stunned calculating how much I'm going to vomit tomorrow - or worse - in next one hour, right in front of all them.

"You know where the deserter's bell is, right?"
Norman read my face.

I knew how he was using the situation against me.
"I know, sir."
I replied respectfully.
I had no intention to offend more than ten men at once. I didn't have the strength to take them all in one go.

"You want to ring it? Or shall we begin your holy wash?"
I didn't know what to say.

"No bell, sir."
I said and closed my eyes tightly for a moment.

When I opened them back, a bottle was shoved right into my mouth without letting me take a breath.

I heard cheers of all those men while the one who held it against my mouth gave me no break till the bottle was half empty.