madison: what do you mean was

finneas: we- i- called it quits last night.

madison: who else knew about this before today?

finneas: just billie

madison: that's why you went to just look for your brother? cause now that he doesn't date claudia she doesn't matter anymore?

i look at her and her lip quivers as she cries silently. i was no longer crying. i was just mad now.

madison: this is stupid

i pick up my bag and walk to the door opening it.

madison: sorry about your guys wall

i look at isaac and elijah and they both nod. i close the door and get back in my car. i drive back to the hospital and let the receptionist know i'm staying a few nights. i go into her room, drop my bag and just sit there. i don't know what i'm gonna do without clauida. i mean out of all of this, since we met she's the only one that's kept me sane. i felt safe when i was with her.

claudia: hey

i look up at claudia to see her smiling weakly. i move the chair closer to her bed and sit in it.

madison: uh, hey

claudia: why are you here?

madison: cause nobody else is

claudia: oh. you don't have to be here if you don't want to

madison: it's okay i wanna be here.

claudia: how's everyone?

madison: they're good i guess.

claudia: and you?

madison: i'm nowhere near good.

claudia: why?

madison: it's just last night. i should have went to find you instead of going home but billie had stopped me and stuff.

claudia: atleast i didn't bleed to death out there

madison: that's what makes me mad. wait, who brought you here?

claudia: well i was with isaac at the time he started fighting the guy. when the guy pulled out the gun he pointed it straight at isaac but he moved. everything happened so quickly. one of the guy's friends had noticed what happened to me and they stopped fighting, leaving other men to fight eachother. two guys brought me here. one of them sped, and the other carried me in.

madison: so he didn't mean to hit you?

claudia: not at all, he didn't want to hit anyone. he said he pulled the trigger out of anger.

madison: so you guys talked? did you get his name?

clauida: jahseh

i was sure i knew his name from somewhere. sure he was the man in my head right now. sure he was a known rapper.

madison: so is jahseh guy cute?

claudia: yeah, but my mind is still on finneas.

we both sit in silence for a little while until we hear a knock and then the room door opens. i turn to see a guy with blue hair and brown eyes walk in. his hair was in two braids and he was holding a bouquet of different types of flowers.

claudia: maddie, this is jahseh. jah this is madison.

i stand up and shake his hand, knowing damn well who this is.

madison: just call me maddie

jahseh: call me jah or x

madison: your music slaps bro