Breakthrough

Changbin is still getting used to being little around the others. He struggles with telling the others when he needs to, or already has, slipped, but doesn't get in trouble for it. Right now, the group was at dance practice, and the overwhelming urge to color came over the little.
Felix can usually tell when Changbin has slipped or has something he wants to say. For some reason only known to the raven haired boy, he was a lot more likely to slip or speak his mind to Felix. So when Changbin got a little bit quieter than usual, when his eyes started drifting off, and when Felix noticed, the caregiver called for a break.
    "Bin, can I speak with you?"
    Changbin started getting a little worried, wondering if he did something wrong. When Felix noticed his uneasiness, he smiled. "You aren't in trouble, Bin. I just wanted to make sure you were feeling alright?" Changbin relaxed and nodded hesitantly. "Yeah, I'm fine..." he said, not looking at Felix. The freckle-faced boy looked to where Changbin was looking, towards their bags.
    Both of them knew Felix kept a spare coloring book and crayons in his bag for little Changbin, and Felix was starting to catch on. "Do you feel little?" he asked quietly, getting an immediate shake of the head from Changbin. "We should get back to practice." the little said, walking past Felix back to the group. Felix knew better than to push, knowing it would only make Changbin uncomfortable.
    "Yeah... Back to practice!"
.
.
.
    "Binnie!" Hyunjin squealed while they packed up. "You wanna play with us at home?" he asked excitedly. Changbin smiled gently, shaking his head and saying, "No thank you, I'm real tired today." Hyunjin nodded, going back to where Chan and Minho were talking enthusiastically. Changbin frowned, if they were gonna give up so easily, why ask him? He shoved his water bottle in his bag and slung it over his shoulder, waiting for the others.
    The littles weren't allowed to run off by themselves.
    Felix caught Changbin's eyes, giving him a questioning look. Changbin looked around and then shook his head slightly. Not now. He mouthed, putting his bag down and walking the direction of the restroom. Felix told the others to head to the van, that they'd be right there, and headed to the restroom.
    When he opened the door, Changbin was pacing back and forth. "What's up, Bin?" he said, gaining the little's attention. "Why did they ask?" he asked Felix, who didn't understand the question. "What do you-"
    "If they were gonna stop trying after asking once, why did they even ask in the first place?" Changbin spoke quickly, resuming his pacing. "Binnie, what are you talking about?" Felix asked, genuinely confused. "Hyunjin, Minho, and Chan! Why ask if they're gonna give up right after?!" Felix softened when he saw the tears in Changbin's eyes. "Oh, Binnie..." But the little wasn't finished.
    "Even you! You ask and then give up as if I'm not worth the energy!"
    Felix's eyes widened as he soaked in what Changbin had just said. "Changbin, I don't think that. Why would you think I think that?" Felix sounded hurt, he was. He was hurt that Changbin could think he thought so little of him. "I don't know... It just seems that way. Like earlier, you didn't try to stop me when I stormed off! You just let me. But you don't do that with the others..." he stopped pacing, looking at Felix as he said, "You all treat me different."
    Felix froze, realizing he did, in fact, treat Changbin differently. A sad smile took over his lips as he approached the hurt little. "I'm sorry... I never thought about it like that. I just thought you would've been uncomfortable if I pushed." he explained. Changbin sat down on the floor, looking down at the tiles. "Binnie?" Felix called, watching as the little's head dropped into his hands and his shoulders shook.
    His caregiver side took over and Felix rushed to sit down next to Changbin. He pulled the little into his lap and held him close, swaying side to side and hushiing his cries. "It's okay Binnie... You're okay..." As he whispered reassuring words to Changbin, the boy slowly melted into his touch. After some time, Changbin was completely calmed down.
    "You wanna go play with the others? We'll talk to the others about this later." Changbin shook his head, tightening his hold around Felix's waist. "Do you want to at least go to the van? You can stay with me." Felix coaxed, finally getting a small "Okay" from Changbin. Standing up, Felix walked hand-in-hand with Changbin to the van. "Hey Binnie! Hi Lixie!" Chan called from the back of the car, waving along with the other littles. "Are you sure you don't wanna play?"
    Changbin smiled slightly at the question, appreciating the situation. Even though he was asked again, he still shook his head. Right now, all he wanted to do was cuddle. "Use your words, Binnie." Felix reminded him, something he hadn't done before but with the other littles. Changbin looked up at Felix, who thought he had made a mistake, before he turned to Chan and quietly said, "No thank you."
    Felix smiled and sat down in the van, patting next to him. Changbin cutely sat down, situating himself so he was comfy. Felix wrapped his arms around him and smiled. He was proud of the progress they were making. "I'm proud of you." he whispered to Changbin, who promptly hid his face in Felix's chest. "Thank you..." he muttered out.