Stress

Chan was stressed. He was writing a song and couldn't get this one part right. He mumbled to himself, trying to figure out what was wrong with it. "Ugh!" he yelled out, throwing his head back. "Why can't I get this right?" he whispered, tears of frustration coming to his eyes.

    Chan angrily wiped away the tears that fell, scooting up to his laptop and trying again. It seemed like nothing he did was working, each try worse than the last. Getting up from his chair, he angrily paced around the studio. "It just gets worse and worse!" he whispered harshly. Just then, a knock sounded at the door. Frantically wiping away any traces of upset, Chan sat down and pretended he was working.

"Come in!"

    Jeongin walked into the studio, looking around before his eyes landed on Chan. "Hey, I was sent to come get you for dinner... Are you alright?" he asked, noticing the redness around the older's eyes. "I'm fine, just tired is all." Chan lied. He hated lying to his friends. "You need to sleep more!" Jeongin said playfully, sitting in a chair. "I'll wait here for you to finish up, then we can head home!" at that, Chan seemed to realize that he would have to play this track out loud to Jeongin.

    Gradually, yet quickly, Chan's breathing sped up until he was hyperventilating. His palms got clammy, his eyes darting around the room as he was thrown into a panic attack. "Chan? Hey, look at me." Jeongin said, turning Chan in his chair so they were facing each other. "I need you to follow my breathing, can you do that for me?" Chan nodded slowly, following Jeongin in taking deep, slow breaths. "That's it, you're doing great." Jeongin said. Chan eventually calmed down, his panic attack fading away. "Let's get you home, hm?"

.

.

.

    When the two arrived at the dorms, Chan finally slipped. "Innie..." the little mumbled, pulling on Jeongin's shirt. "Yes, Channie?" Jeongin asked. "I can have dino nuggets for dinner please?" Jeongin smiled, braces shining. "Of course you can! Let me go make them, you can sit and watch a show with the others."

    Making dino nuggets in the kitchen, Jeongin wondered how to approach Chan about earlier. Ding! The nuggets were done. As Jeongin pulled the tray out of the oven he heard fast footsteps coming his way. "Are they done?!" an excited Chan asked, hands clasped in anticipation. "Almost! They need to cool off first, but you can have them in a couple of minutes." Chan went and sat at the table, waiting. The others had already eaten, as Chan and Jeongin took too long. The boy with braces grabbed his dinner off the counter, sitting next to Chan. "Be careful!" he warned the little. "They're still hot!"

The two ate their dinner.