His confession leaves me speechless. For the first time after in a million years, I feel my eyes prickle with tears as I stare at my mate. My heart constricts, and I just want to hug him tight and never let go. Ethan is my precious bean. He has always been my precious bean since day one, and I was too dumb to realize that.

I hug my mate, tears flowing down my cheeks but I remain silent. I don't care if my mate sees me like this. I want to let him know what I really feel, and I'm feeling all different kinds of emotion all at once, but happiness stands out. Ethan tries to brush my tears away but miserably fails, but he just gives me a small, reassuring smile that lifts my spirit up. Ethan looks at me with so much emotions in his eyes that I'm starting to get suffocated, but I guess in a good way.

"That's a relief." I chuckle.

"I wouldn't trade this for anything, Leon. I wouldn't."

I press my mouth on his and I can taste my salty tears. Ethan's fingers lock through my curls as he presses himself more to me, closing the gap between us. He hoists himself up without breaking the kiss and sits on my lap. I nibble on his bottom lip, and my pants begin to tighten uncomfortably. Ethan lets out a low moan that has me growling. My wolf, Apollo, wants to take over and just eats the beautiful creature sitting on my lap, but I just put him on edge but don't let him take over.

I pull away from the kiss. "Ethan... I think we're on a mission here."

"Yeah? I forgot about that."

Chuckling, I ruffle his hair and he climbs out of the truck. The sun light is being blocked by huge and tall trees. The forest is eerie, and it's so quiet that I can literally hear the gentle rustle of the wind and our breathing. I turn off the engine off my truck and jerk my head to the north. After locking the door and securing my truck, Ethan takes my hand and together, we walk through the sea of trees that seem scary.

I legit think that this would be a great place for murders to happen. There's only us walking, and it seems like this forest hasn't been walked on by anyone in years. If we were just regular humans, we'd be scared by now, thinking that someone would come out of nowhere, lunge at us, and kill us in most possible gruesome ways.

We've been walking for about 30 minutes and we haven't seen anyone yet. I keep sniffing the air just to ensure no one is following us, and my eyes are always scanning the area, looking for any sign that we're in danger, but so far all we can hear the sweet chirps of the birds as they fly from branch to branch of the trees, not bothering us. Throughout, Ethan and I have been holding hands.

As we walk, Ethan yelps when he steps into something. A trap. He's flung into the net, trapped, and the net is lifted high. I let out a feral growl when I feel footsteps on the ground. Ethan transforms into his semi-wolf, biting and slashing the thick net. I stay alert, turning my head to left and right. I put Apollo on the surface just in case.

By the time Ethan is done with freeing himself, that's when they lunge at us – hunters. They have crossbows, daggers, and huge, long and deadly swords. From what it looks like, their weapons are glinting, embedded with silver. The hunters have malice look on their face and they stare at us with utter disgust.

"One move and I will fucking shoot you in the head." One hunter says.

Ethan and I stay still, not moving a single muscle. I scan the area and confirm that there's more or less 15 hunters surrounding us. If it weren't for the weapons aimed at us, I would have already lunged at them. We're in serious trouble, and I have to think as soon as possible before Ethan and I get hurt.