Chapter 17

LEON ADLER

When the birds start chirping in the morning, as my eyes open, a small smile graces my lips as a hand is gently placed on my naked chest. The white curtains are closed, blocking the sunlight from coming fully through the windows, but it's enough to lighten up the whole room. I hoist myself slightly, earning a slight groan from my mate who's sleeping peacefully beside me, and see that our clothes are everywhere on the floor.

My underwear is surprisingly hanging on the top rail, but the socks, shirts and pants are on the floor, looking unhygienic. I resist the urge to laugh, remembering how messy we were last night. There was no second round, but there definitely was a lot of sucking and teasing.

I turn around and watch my sleeping mate. His eyes are closed gently, slightly twitching, and his lashes are quite long and beautiful. His reddish lips –and I can still see the bite mark I did on it near the edge– are parted. He clicks his tongue, then scratches his neck. I see the mark I placed last night, and I'm so happy to see it. Ethan is finally mine for eternity. We have bonded in this life and in the spirit world.

His eyes flutter open. I'm the first one he sees. A small smile plays on his lips. Ethan stretches his arm out and touches my cheek. I lean down and place my forehead against his, not breaking the eye contact. My heart beats faster than last night, which I never thought it was possible. My world is finally in front of me. I could get lost in his eyes, and they are telling me that he's as much whipped I am to him as him to me.

"Hi," I whisper meekly, as if I'm almost shy.

"Hi," he says back. "Why do I get the feeling that you've been watching me sleep?"

"I just woke up, and I've been watching you for about... 3 minutes."

"Please tell me I still look good when I'm sleeping,"

"It doesn't matter," I chuckle then pinch his cheek. "Even if you drool when you sleep, or your face or arms are full of sleep marks, or if even if your lips are parted as you sleep, or you snore loud, I'm going to love it. The snore part may annoy me, but I'm going to love it as much as I love every part of you. I love all of you."

Ethan doesn't say anything after those words left my mouth, though his eyes are still trained on me. I furrow my brows, racking my brain if I said something that might have offended him. I search for any discomfort or anger, but then he breaks into a huge smile, and my heart somersaults and my worry is thrown out the window. Ethan pulls himself up and kisses me gently on the lips.

"Sorry. Morning breath sucks."

"I don't care." I murmur, wanting more of the kiss.

So I kiss him again. He lets out a small gasp when I bite his lower lip and touch his groin, and I can feel him growing hard again, and so am I. I ravish him like he's my favorite meal, and when things are getting too hot, I'm pausing. I take a deep breath, focusing only in his eyes. He's probably a bit sore from last night, and when we do it again, I want us to be comfortable.

Ethan's knees are wobbly, and when our eyes meet, a small blush paints his cheeks and he heads straight to shower without looking back. The first-time sex is quite awkward for us, and even my wolf has become awkward. Perhaps I'm questioning my bed abilities? My performance? I'm not entirely sure. I take a deep breath and join him a few minutes, which shocks him. I strip off naked and help him lather himself with soap. His face is red, but he lets me wash him. Then I press my mouth on his, and he kisses me back, and it takes a lot of time for us to get out of the shower.