F I V E

"You know I'm scared," Tony muttered to the child in his arms. "I don't want to end up like my dad." He chuckled softly. "But I don't think I even have the heart to yell at you." 

He held Peter closer to his chest. "You deserve a lot Pete, sometimes I wonder if I'm making the right choice." He sighed as he walked to a window, smiling softly at the fresh snow outside.

"I promise I won't leave you, kid. No matter what, I won't leave." He adjusted the blanket around the baby, kissing his head. "I always hated winter. My parents died in December, I didn't like Christmas for a long time." 

He sat down, watching the snowfall. "But I think we'll only be having happy ones from now on." He smiled down at the six-month-old. "What do you want to Christmas? Huh?" 

He grinned as Peter cooed up at him, small teeth appearing as he giggled. "Don't worry kid, I'll take care of you." He stayed there for most of the day, ignoring meetings and Peppers calls.
____

Clint patted Tony on the back, smiling at the adoption papers. "The kid will take over your life, trust me." The shorter man chuckled and shook his head. 

"I noticed Barton. You should bring your kids over more." Tony shrugged, smirking slightly at the way Clint grinned. "Wouldn't mind them breaking a couple of ugly vases Pepper adores so much. I'll pay them even."

"Ha! They'll do it for free." Tony chuckled, looking down at the paperwork. Soon he'll have a little rat running around and making his heart melt. He tensed a bit when Clint gently bumped his shoulder.

"You'll be a great dad, Tony." The Stark tried to hide his smile. He's been getting that a lot lately, especially from Jarvis and Pepper. But from the team? Only Clint has truly encouraged him, he guesses it's because the man is a father and knows how nervous yet excited Tony is.

"Thanks." Clint patted him on the back, leaving as Tony finished signing the adoption papers. The genius sat back, chuckling softly.

This was it. He was getting his Petey home and would be able to make sure that the kid had everything. He was still terrified but knowing that Peter would be happy and healthy here made him feel better.

Peter's nursery had been set up and Clint and Laura had donated some baby clothes along with some tips. He felt prepared yet so uneducated. 

Each baby is different and each kid grows up to be their own unique person but Tony that he would always love the kid. Peter deserved it, every child did. 

He gets sad knowing that not every child gets a chance to be loved by their parents. Even he had his mother, who tried her best to care for and love him. He had Edwin Jarvis who was like a father to him, sacrificing anything for him. 

Maybe it's because of them that he's doing this. Yes, he has a strong bond with Peter but he knows something inspired him to start and take in the kid. He chuckled and fixed up the folder.

Of course, they would influence him, they did raise him and showed him everything he needed to know. He would try the same with Peter.