T E N

Jarvis kept quiet about the little visit that happened. He held Peter a little tighter, scared of letting him go. Peter could be in danger. Whoever placed him there most likely wanted someone to pick him up, maybe they did target Tony or maybe they didn't. 

Still, Peter wasn't at fault. He didn't choose to be experimented on and then abandoned. Fury sent Jarvis a list of things to look out for. So he kept a close eye on Peter's development. He didn't show any signs of power. No abilities ever showed. 

Jarvis hoped that Peter wasn't affected just like Fury said. Tony didn't suspect anything. He still trusted Jarvis with Peter and he still happily cared for his son. 

Jarvis didn't hover too much for it to become noticeable anyway. Peter was safe in the tower after all. The Avengers were there, Happy was always on duty, and Jarvis constantly scanned everyone who entered and left. 

It's why he didn't have a problem with Peter being out of his sight. The problem arose when Tony wanted to take Peter out. 

"I was thinking of taking him to Central Park," Tony told him a bit after breakfast one morning. "Peter needs to be allowed to see the word." Jarvis looked down at Peter in his arms. 

"I think we should all go as a group. It would keep Peter safer." Tony smiled fondly and picked up Peter. The boy giggled happily at his father. 

Jarvis bent down to kiss Peter's head. "Are those your terms and conditions?" Tony joked, bumping into Jarvis. "Of course, the team is going. I don't think any of them want to miss out on Pete's reactions to grass." He snorted.

"I think he's old enough for ice cream." Tony lit up at the information, looking down at his son. "Although we should wait until he's at least a year to incorporate sugar into his diet." 

"Hear that piccolo? We'll even get ice cream." Peter gave him a gummy smile, resting on his shoulder. Tony pressed a soft kiss to Peter's cheek, cradling him closer. "We'll go get ready, we leave around noon."

Jarvis nodded. He pretended to take a nap on the couch while he hacked into cameras. He knew that Central Park would be different in an hour but he had to be careful. Anyone could be out there waiting to take Peter.

Tony found him an hour later, gently placing Peter in his lap. The android peeked an eye open, adjusting his hold to cradle the sleeping child. "Are you feeling alright?" Tony asked worriedly. 

"Just updating some of my systems before we go. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you guys." Jarvis hummed. Tony sat down next to him, leaning against him for a moment. 

"I don't thank you enough for keeping us safe. Especially me." Tony told him softly. "I haven't given you a chance to back out." Jarvis furrowed his eyebrows, opening his eyes to look at Tony. 

He looked confused for a moment. "Back out? What do you mean by that sir?" Jarvis turned in his seat slightly.

"You have a body now, J. I've been keeping you here but you can go anywhere." Tony tried to smile reassuringly but his lips quivered slightly. "You could go anywhere, I'd help."

Jarvis laughed and shook his head. "Sir, I know what's out there. I've been scouring the internet and following you from the moment I was created. I've protected you long before this body." He looked down at Peter, fondness bubbling up in his chest. "While it might have been in my code to protect you, I can tell you truthfully that it has been my choice to stay. There's nowhere else I'd rather be. I belong best beside you and Peter." 

Tony wiped away tears and leaned in closer when Jarvis reached to hug him. "Thanks, J. Don't know what I would do without you." The android smiled and relaxed, holding the two Starks. After all, there was no other place he'd rather be. It was his job to keep them safe.