E L E V E N

Tony chuckled as he walked into the main room. The day out with Peter was a success. The boy tried ice cream, played in a sandbox, and was swung slightly in a swing. He didn't expect to come home to Nick Fury sitting on his couch. 

"Surprised to see you here, pirate." Tony readjusted Peter in his arms. The rest of the Avengers filled in, scattering around the room. "What are you doing here?" Fury held out an orange folder, keeping his gaze locked on the two Starks. 

Jarvis grabbed the folder, scanning it quickly before handing it to Tony. Tony gave his assistant a brief glance before taking it. "I came to congratulate you on being a father to an 11-month-old baby but I guess you already found him." 

Tony furrowed his eyebrows, slowly handing Peter to Rhodey, making sure he was secure before opening the folder. Inside were a multitude of documents. 

Subject 03 - 
Parents: Tony Stark and Mary Fitzpatrick.
DOB: August 10, 2015
Weight: 6 Pounds, 3 ounces
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Brown
Notes: The subject is healthy enough to withstand testing. 

Tony flipped a few pages in disbelief. Stopped when he saw the latest copies. Natasha peaked over his shoulder, frowning at the information. 

The subject was placed in the correct alleyway for Tony Stark to find. Operation SPIDER is now in action. 

Tony frowned as he realized. Peter was placed there on purpose. The cops who showed up weren't really cops or maybe they were hired to go. Mrs. Harris, the caretaker at the orphanage, was hired by someone. Everything was planned so that in the end, Tony wouldn't know that Peter was his kid. 

"I- testing? What kind of testing? Why are you only showing me now?" Tony angrily looked at him. Jarvis took the files from Tony, looking through them as Tony got closer to Fury. The rest of the avengers got closer to Jarvis, wanting to see what Tony was talking about.

Fury sighed and sat down. "We've suspected that Norman Osborn hired a group of scientists to create mutants. Now with more research, we are unsure if it's Oscorp behind this or someone else." He looked up at Tony. "We got all the information we could."

Tony rubbed his face. Some sick bastards messed with his kid. They purposely placed him in the cold and waited for Tony to find him. "So everything was planned? What's going to happen to Peter? What was he given?" 

"We found he was prepared for testing but never went through with it. We found more of their test subjects so we're not sure if they just didn't need Peter anymore." Fury got up. "Look over the files and be careful Stark. We don't know who's behind this."

Tony nodded, reaching for Peter. He couldn't help but be angry. This was his kid, he didn't know him for five months and now he's finding out that for those five months he was experimented on. 

"Jarvis, find out who Mary Fitzpatrick is and see if you could get her down here," Tony growled. He left the room, holding Peter tightly in his arms. He would shut this down, not just for Peter but for every kid that suffered.