T W E L V E

"Mrs. Fitzpatrick is dead, sir. she and her husband, Richard Parker, died three months ago in a plane crash." Jarvis looked over to Tony. After he tucked Peter in, Tony immediately went to work on reading the file and finding anything he could. Jarvis offered to help speed up the process. "Her only relatives were May and Benjamin Parker." Tony sighed, rubbing his face. 

Tony looked over the information. "Where do they live?" He asked quietly. Jarvis went to stand next to him. 

"A small apartment in Queens. Mrs. Parker is a nurse, and her husband is a police officer." Tony nodded. "Would you like me to schedule a meeting?" 

"Yeah. Let's see if they knew about Mary and Richard." Jarvis nodded. Tony paused to look at him, eyes sad. "Jarvis?" The android looked up, making eye contact with him.

The android turned his body completely to face him before answering. "Yes, sir?" Tony stayed silent for a moment. 

"Did you know?" Tony whispered. Jarvis didn't break eye contact as he nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

Jarvis resisted the urge to look away as Tony's voice became harsh. "Director Fury came by a few months ago while you were at lunch." He answered softly. "He told me you had found something dangerous when I asked what it could be; he told me it was Peter. He explained that Peter was possibly a part of the testing going on at OSCORP. He didn't think anything was wrong because we didn't notice anything in Peter."

Tony nodded. "So you were planning on telling me until when?" Jarvis scratched the back of his head. 

"I didn't want Peter to be taken away." Jarvis strained. "Especially not on my watch." Tony nodded and didn't say anything as he left the room. Jarvis decided to keep his distance and stay in the lab until The Parkers got there.

Jarvis ensured that May and Ben were brought in for questioning that afternoon. Tony met him outside the room, looking a little less angry at him but still disappointed. He patted Jarvis on the shoulder before going in. "I want you to monitor them, see if they're lying." 

"Of course, Sir." The two went in. Tony sat behind the window watching the questioning while Jarvis stood by the door. May looked confused but had a small kind smile. Ben, on the other hand, looked guilty. 

"Mr. And Mrs. Parker, we wanted to ask you some questions regarding Richard and Mary Parker." The agent started. "Can we just get clarification as to what your relationship with them is?" 

"Richard is my older brother." Ben started. "Mary was my sister-in-law." The SHIELD agent nodded, writing it down before looking at May. 

"They were both your in-laws, Mrs. Parker?" May nodded. "You did know that they had a son, correct?" At their confirmation, they continued. "Did you know anything about him? His name, how old he was? Anything important." 

"His name was Thomas. We babysat him a lot, and Richard and Mary were always away on business. The last time we saw him, he was 5 months old." May answered. "Is he okay?"

"Were you both aware that Thomas was not Richard's son?" The two looked guilty when they answered. 

"We had our suspicions. Mary and Rich both had blue eyes. Which also had dirty blond hair, so it was kind of obvious." Ben told them. "Richard knew, I think; he was a little cold towards Tom."

"Did he ever hurt Thomas?" Ben shook his head. "So you weren't aware that he and Mary experimented on their son."

"Yes." Ben rasped. May gasped and turned to him. "I tried to stop them, but they threatened to kill him." May looked betrayed as Ben continued. "The last time Toms was with us, I tried to get a higher-up to look into it. Richard found out a few days after he had taken Thomas home, it was the last time I saw both of them."

"You knew he was being experimented on and you didn't tell me?" May shouted. "We could've protected him together! What were you thinking?" Tony had to say he was growing to like May, he had the same questions and felt the same anger.

Tony clenched his fist. Ben knew what they were doing to his little Peter and nothing was done. "Why didn't you resist giving him Thomas? How old was he the last time you two saw him?" The agent ignored May's outburst.

"I didn't want him to suspect anything. I didn't want to risk Tom's life." Ben supplied. May spoke up for the next question, voice raspy with emotion. "If he was already doing tests on him, I knew they wouldn't be afraid to kill him."

"He was five months old. Please, please tell me he's okay. Please." Tony decided to walk into the integration room, feeling angry that his son's torment could've been prevented. 

"My son is fine." His voice was harsh. Ben and May both looked at him in surprise. "What I want to know is why we have no records of this investigation." He eyed Ben. 

"I don't know. I filed everything before I gave it to my superiors. I never saw my documents or anything they gathered." Tony nodded at the agent to keep going as he sat down by them.

"Do you know anyone who worked with Richard or Mary?" Ben and May stayed silent for a moment. "Did anyone else know of the experiments?"

"I've never met anyone who worked with them either. They never said anything about work or what they did." May spoke quietly. "All I knew was they worked for OSCORP."

"I don't believe anyone knew about the testing," Ben murmured. "I found out when Rich dropped some papers from his bag when he came to pick up Thoms once." 

The agents finished writing and turned to Tony. "Anything you would like to ask, Mr. Stark?" 

"No. That will be all." Tony stood, ready to leave when quickly spoke.

"Wait! Can I please see him? I just want to make sure he's okay." Tony turned to her. He had to say, May looked like she deeply cared for Peter. She not only yelled at her husband but looked mortified at the idea that Peter was getting hurt. 

"I'm going to have to talk to my assistant, and see if you are safe to see my son." Tony walked out, meeting Jarvis in the hallway. "Well?"

"The Parkers were very truthful in their confessions," Jarvis informed him. "I believe letting Mrs. Parker see Peter wouldn't be too much of a problem." Tony nodded. 

"Let's go get Peter then."