T W O

Jarvis sighed as he watched his creator walk back and forth. "Sir, I'm sure the child is fine." He tried to reassure, walking over to the shorter man. "Why don't you sit down and I'll make you a coffee while we wait for the call." 

"Honestly Stark, it's not your kid, why are you so worried?" Natasha asked, an eyebrow raised at the genius. Tony looked down, frowning. 

"He did find the child in a box, I do believe it's perfectly normal for him to be worried," Jarvis spoke up, giving a warm mug of coffee to Tony while glaring at Natasha. The android walked out of the room, leaving Tony shocked. 

No one would truly stand up for him, not brave enough to tell the Avengers to back off. He was waiting for someone to say something about his new 'bodyguard' but a blanket was wrapped around his shoulders before anyone could say anything. 

Jarvis sat next to Tony, bring up work to do. Vision entered the room with Wanda and Tony vaguely thought about how the Avengers didn't care much about Vision as they do about Jarvis, could it be because Jarvis protected him?

He jumped when the phone rang, watching the blond next to him, answer the phone before handing it to him. "Tony Stark speaking." 

"Good Morning Mr. Stark, you requested to hear news about the child you brought in, would you like us to call at a later time?" Tony denied, knowing that if he waited any longer on the news, he'll break. 

"We're sad to say that he doesn't have a family to go to but he will be put up for adoption. We would like to thank you again for saving him. He's a lucky little boy." The lady spoke again, voice gentle.

"Is there any way I could see him again?" The man asked, ignoring the weird looks the Avengers gave him. 

"Oh!" The lady sounded surprised by the question but quickly moved past it. "Of course, we'll email you the details of when you can come in and see the little sunshine. I believe you could even visit him later today." 

Tony smiled, remembering the child's sleeping face when they took him away from him. He seemed so calm and so happy to have been warm and loved for a short while. 

Yes, Tony loved the child after just two hours with him. Something had snapped in him when he saw the baby in the box, so when he got home, he sang softly to the boy, ordered Jarvis to get formula and a couple of new clothes. 

He felt satisfied when he sat down and the boy was happily snoring in his arms. And when they took him away he panicked, worried about what would happen to him, whether or not they would truly take care of him. 

"That would be great, thank you." He hung up, ignoring the Avengers and drowning his coffee before getting up, keeping the blanket around his shoulders.

"Sir, you just received the email, I can make you an appointment for an hour from now." Tony looked over to see Jarvis' fond smile and knowing look. "The sooner the better, right?" 

Tony chuckled and nodded, walking to the private room in his lab to get ready.