O N E

Tony sniffled as he curled into his coat, smiling slightly at the snowflakes. He was exhausted but taking walks were beginning to be a new habit of his. He was starting to grow tired, sometimes he wants to laugh at himself when he thinks of it. 

He's a billionaire, a genius, and can do whatever he wants as long as he has the money. But money can't get you everything. It was an old saying but it definitely was true. 

He could make a long list of the things that money couldn't get him. Sometimes he does, just things that really hit him some days. Like family. 

The avengers trust him less and less with each passing day, casting him to the side like he was just another piece of trash to throw away. 

He often accepted it, let them say what they wanted, ignored their glare when he walked by, he accepted it all. He did it because they say they're family but lately, he feels more like a stranger, an intruder, than a family member. 

He could guess it was because of Vision and his desperate attempt to save JARVIS. He made Jarvis a body, which didn't mix well with the team. Then again, it feels like everything he does doesn't mix well with the team.

He sighed and kept walking, trying to focus on the small cold fakes landing on his clothes and skin. He also tried to ignore the crying of a child, probably some parents with an impatient baby. It seemed like it was from around the corner, and a part of Tony wanted to stop and maybe make the child smile.

He turned the corner and frowned when there was no parent but the crying was still there, coming from the alleyway up ahead. He walked a little quicker to where the sound was coming from, heartbreaking when he saw a cardboard box. 

Opening a flap, he saw a baby. A beautiful six-month-old baby with light brown hair and pale skin. He looked around before picking up the child, he quickly unbuttoned his coat and cuddled the child close. 

"Shhh, it's okay, I know Tesoro." He mumbled to the kid, standing and looking around before fishing his phone out of his pocket. He fumbled to click on the one person he trusted the most. "Jarvis?" He asked when the phone picked up. 

"Sir? Do you need me to pick you up?" The android asked, sounding concerned. Tony looked down at the whimpering child, biting his lip in worry. 

"No, I- found a baby, in a cardboard box." Tony took off his coat, shivering slightly but ignoring it for the sake of the baby. "As if he was trash, who the hell does that."

Once he was satisfied with how wrapped up the child, he cradled it, keeping the phone in between his ear and shoulder. "Sir, you should call the authorities, I'm sure they will take great care of the baby." Jarvis' smooth voice helped calm him down. "I'm picking you up now, I'll be there in five. We'll figure this out." 

"Thanks, J." He rocked back and forth, cursing himself for not wearing another coat underneath. He almost cried in relief when Jarvis showed up. 

The android took off his own coat, wrapping it around Tony and opening the door for him to get in with jostling the child too much. "I still think we should call the police, Sir." 

Tony looked down at the kid, feeling strangely overprotective of it. "What would happen to them?" Jarvis sent him an odd look through the rearview mirror. 

"Well, I believe they would try to find his family, close relatives, or parents. If they can't find any then he'll be put up for adoption or foster home." The blond spoke gently, smiling a bit. "Are you fond of the child, Sir?"

Tony looked down at the small bundle in his arms. "No. I was just worried about him, is all." The genius curled up into Jarvis' coat, growing a bit. "We'll call the police but I want updates on him." 

Jarvis nodded. "Of course, Sir."