Missing Persons

"Damn it, Jones, we've searched the entire restaurant and she's not here," Green swore for the second time since he pulled both Gould and Jones from the hotel stairwell. He followed her into the bathroom.

"Witnesses said they saw a girl fitting her description sitting at a table along the back wall. Where the hell is she?" Jones sobbed, her desperation evident in her words and frantic movements. She pushed open each of the cubicle doors hoping that the next would reveal her daughter safe and well. Her agitation grew with every empty stall. "Damn it Green, she can't have just disappeared."

"She has a tracking device in her neck, just like the rest of us. We'll find her."

"Not soon enough."

"The team are meeting up in the pub to wait for information from the rest of the surveillance crew. Come on, you can't do anything more here for now," Green said, attempting to calm her.

"If I don't do something," Jones spat with vehemence. "I'm going to end up going into that pub every night for the rest of my life like the rest of those sad old fuckers, drinking myself to death and wondering what the hell happened." She stormed out of the restaurant and scanned the street, not knowing exactly what it was she was looking for. With a growl of defeat, she threw her hands in the air and ran to catch up with Green. She had no choice but to rely on the surveillance team to have the information she needed. "It's been an hour since the blast, has anyone checked the hospital yet?"

"Black went with Gould to the hospital, I'll have him check the register while he's there." Green relayed his request through to HQ.

They were a few streets away from the pub the surveillance team had commandeered for an incident room by the time HQ came back to him. "Roger that. Any word on Gould's condition?"

"Well?" Jones asked impatiently.

"She's not there."

"And Gould?"

"His injuries aren't extensive and would have been worse if you hadn't pushed him through the door and down the stairs. As it stands, he'll most likely be in plaster for a few weeks. A broken wrist and concussion is nothing compared to the alternative. He'll be back on duty in no time, if his previous track record is anything to go by."

"Any word on Nelson?"

"We haven't been able to locate her either."

"Shit."