Part XIX

"Why were you gone for so long?" Seonghwa asked when I went back to the bedroom.

"I ran into San," I replied plainly while laying down next to him.

"Of course you did," he mocked.

"He's really going through with the wedding," I said with disbelief, ignoring his attitude. Seonghwa sat up and started stretching.

"I'll take Jin Ha back if you want. That way you can be with San."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"If San makes you happy, then you should be with him," he suggested as if it were that easy.

"But, what about you?" I sat up to hug him from behind.

"I'll be happy if you're happy." He turned to smile at me.

"When did you start being so nice?" I teased.

"I've always been nice."

I rolled my eyes.

"It's not that simple, Seonghwa. Those two are in love, there's nothing we can do."

"You call that love?"

"It's not like we know what love is anyway," I commented.

"Trust me, they're not in love. They're just two broken people trying to mend themselves with each other."

"So, like us?" I questioned.

"If we're like two magnets, then they're just two puzzle pieces that were forced to fit together."

I stared at him as he gave me a weak smile.

"Let's just go to sleep," I suggested. He sighed but immediately laid down and closed his eyes.

It had been hours since Seonghwa fell asleep. I stared up at the ceiling, wallowing in my own self pity. I hated feeling so weak. The old me would've just shown up at the wedding wearing white, declaring that it was my wedding now. But, it didn't feel right to do that since San didn't want me anymore. All this time I thought he was just teasing me and taking revenge. I didn't think he actually stopped caring about me. If he had just shown a little bit of hope that maybe we could someday be together again, I'd spend the rest of my life chasing after him. I guess this is how San must've felt back in high school.

Somehow, even with all these thoughts racing through my head, I eventually fell asleep only to be woken up by the sound of the doorbell rapidly ringing.

"Go get the door," Seonghwa groggily said. I groaned but got up to see who it was. Half awake, I saw a crying Jin Ha standing outside.

"What do you want?" I whined.

"Fuck you," she spat.

"Good morning to you too," I replied. She started crying even harder.

"Is that all you wanted to say?" I asked, ready to slam the door.

"Wait!" she called out. I stood there, staring at her to continue.

"You win, Sun Hee." She sniffled.

"What are you talking about?"

She suddenly pulled her ring off and threw it on the ground.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, genuinely concerned about what was happening.

"San had a second ring box hiding in his drawer."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her as she pulled out a burgundy colored ring box and threw it at my face. She immediately walked away, leaving me confused and annoyed. When I opened the box, there was nothing inside. Well, there was nothing on the top. When I started digging into it, I found a folded up note hidden on the bottom.