Chapter 20

A/N: let's just pretend that COVID is over and we're getting LOT :(

*******

HARRY POV:

You fucking idiot.

Why did I say that? Why would I even phrase it like that?

I don't even know what we are?

Why did I put that into her head?

My bed feels even more empty without Rose's warm body cuddled up next to mine. I stare up at the ceiling with my hands under my head as I lie awake, unable to get any sleep. I roll out of bed catching a glimpse of the time on my phone, 2:00 a.m.

Great. I've been lying in bed awake for 4 hours. I need to grab some air. I pull open the balcony door and trudge to the railing, looking over the lights of the LA night. I take an uneven breath in, closing my eyes while I rest my head on the cold railing.

After a few minutes of silence, I stood up in curiosity as the sounds of whimpering came from around the corner. I quietly peered over the wall separating my side of the balcony only to see a weeping Rose, hunched over the railing with her head in the palm of her hands.

As if my heart wasn't already broken enough for her, the sight of her crying like this made me even more guilty. I can't even be there to comfort her.

"Mom," Rose called out as she looked up at the night sky. "I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm sorry mom. I did this for us. You and me, mom. I'm sorry that I couldn't finish it. I thought I could.... It's okay. I'm sure there's something else out there for me. I know you'll show me the way," she spoke in between silent sobs.

"I... I met a boy, mom," she chuckled softly as she wiped away some tears, "He's the most beautiful human being ever. If you were here, you would've loved him. I know I do."

What did she just say?

"It didn't take long but... I love him mom. I'm in love with this amazing man. He's changed my life so much. He brought me out of my shell and made me a different person, one that I know you would have been so proud of. His name is Harry, Harry Styles. If you put him in my life, you know, with all your 'mom powers', I wanna thank you. I know this was your doing. I just hope we work out. He doesn't seem too sure about us, though..." Rose trailed off as she continued to look up.

Fuck.

"He said he wasn't sure what we are? Does that mean that he doesn't want me?" she sighed, "I don't know at this point anymore, mom. I just.. I just don't want to be sad anymore. These past couple of days have been shitty ones. First with the job and now Harry. I'm tired of crying. It feels like I've been crying for years. I want something to look forward to, but right now... I don't know what it is I'm searching for. It seemed clear before but not anymore. I'm going to go to bed now. Thanks for listening to me... I love you, mom," Rose finished before turning around and heading into her room as her head hung low in sadness.

She loves me? She's in love with me?

Am I in love with Rose?

Of course, I am in love with Rose. I've been in love with her for as long as I can remember. I need to make this right before I lose her for good.

CECELIA POV:

It's been about a week since Harry and I had a decent conversation. He's been avoiding me and I've been avoiding him. I hate what we've become. Our days went from being wrapped up in each other to being on completely opposite sides of the house. I don't even remember the last time we've kissed each other.