Chapter 29

MARCH

I woke up to someone gently nudging me on my shoulder forcing me to wake up. I lift my head up from the window to see Niall waving at me with a small smile.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty. We're here!" he smiled, pointing outside.

I glanced outside, becoming more awake when I saw the small houses and the busy motorway below us. If you looked close enough you could see people riding their bicycles. It was the small things in life that made me happy.

The past couple of weeks have been absolute hell.

I've never wanted to hide away from the world more than I have recently. My friends and family included. I don't remember the last time I've slept or eaten properly. I've lost my appetite. The most I'd eat was a sandwich and that still that was too much for me. I can see it's starting to stress Niall out which is making me feel really guilty.

He's done nothing but help make me feel better. I hate that I can't bring myself out of this rut. My main purpose for being here is to help him on his tour, but from the looks of it, he's been helping me more than I to him. I've tried to pick myself up and plaster a fake smile on my face, but I can't seem to do that either.

Every time I try to smile, all I can picture is her hands and mouth all over his body. The way she was smiling so sinisterly. The way he looked so happy with her, so pleased.

It made me sick to my stomach.

Did I not mean that much to him?

Did our time together mean nothing?

Was I so easy to forget?

To replace?

My dad wasn't too pleased to see the way I was looking. He seemed really worried which made me feel like shit. Every time he asked what was wrong, I just made up something about work and quickly brushed off the conversation.

I hate that I couldn't even tell him why.

Why was I still protecting him?

Why did I still want my dad to have that picture perfect image of him?

I couldn't even bring myself to call the girls. They've tried calling me so many times, but the thought of talking to them about how I was feeling made me feel nauseous. They texted me still. I made sure to at least text them back. I hate that I couldn't even talk to my best friends about how I was feeling.

I'm not stupid, though. I know they've been chatting with Niall. I knew that because they always seemed to know what was going on tour without me telling them. If not Niall, I'm sure Amelia was telling them everything.

"You ready?" Niall asked with a huge grin on his face.

I looked at him weirdly, "What's got you so happy?"

His face immediately dropped, trying to cover up his happiness, "Oh nothing... just really happy to be back in Amsterdam."

"Oh really?" I teased, "haven't you been here plenty of time before?" I asked, grabbing my carry on and purse and walking off the plane.

"I mean yeah, but this time it's different," he continued smiling.

"Hmm," I replied, giving him a weird look still. I glanced over to Andrew who was busy typing away on his phone.

"Do you know what's going on?" I asked him.

Andrew popped his head up, looking over to Niall smirking and shook his head, "Nope... no idea."