As I continued walking to go to a place I don't even know where my bare foot was taking me.
My eyes caught a living creature on the side of the road not far from where I was. Besides the birds, it's the first land animal I've seen for weeks.

It gave me hope to think that I'm close to a place where humans are living.

I went to the animal that was lying on the road, but I'm not sure what species was it. It's like a cat, but it's also not a cat. I mean, just look at it. Why does it has two tails?

"Nya~." it purrs as it was staring back at me.

I sat to take much closer look at it, but my eyes doesn't deceived me. It really has two tails, like the usual one tail but had been sliced in half. It's fur was too fluffy and thick that I can't really tell whether it was originally one but got then two by someone cut it in two. That theory can be possible since I've never seen a cat like this before. Maybe it has a whole other breed that I've never heard of.

Shaking off the thoughts that I was fully occupied on trying to figure out why the creature has two tails, and stood up to continue to my journey to the unknown.

I got distracted, I have no time to admire things. It won't benefit me anyway.

Maybe if he knew how to talk, I could keep him to accompany me to my journey or I could bring him to a nearby village and try to sell him to the traders.

I almost screamed in surprised, but thankfully I somehow managed to repressed it from coming out.

I looked up to the top of my head and I found out that, that two tailed cat was resting there and was currently looking back at me too as he blinks his crimson red eyes. How did he even get there?

I picked him out of my head then I bring him in front of my face so I can have a talk with it. "Look, I'm done admiring your amazingly unique tail and I have nothing to do with you anymore. So get lost," I said to him before throwing him out─It's a cat, he could manage to land safely.

I sensed that someone was following me, and I peered over my shoulder to look behind me and I found out that it was the two tailed cat who was following me from behind. Well, no big deal. As long as it will not going to annoy me, I think we're fine. But I'm not interested at him at all.

I did feel sorry for the cat, but in my situation now, it'll be a bad idea to keep him around me.

I barely can find a food for me to eat, and I'm going to add him to have another mouth to feed?

Mostly I can only find berries in the forest, cat's don't evat such things. I don't always see fish to catch on the rivers. And I don't steal meat in market.

He will only suffer more if he stay with me.

After a few long minutes of walk, I could finally see a place that were preoccupied by humans. Getting agitated on how populated the place are even it was only a small town. And a prayer again whispered in my heart, hoping that this time, I can hope for the best.

I stopped for a few seconds to feel the feeling of such peace in town before continuing to enter their territory. It was a little town, but still big enough to have their own stores and farms.

As I keep on walking to find anyone who owns a farm and if they're willing to hire me even if they'll pay me for vegetables or fruits, but I felt that they were looking at me the way like the people from the towns gave me. It's not like they don't allow any strangers on their town too, right? There must be something wrong, but I don't have any bad motives and I'm not a threat. I only wanted to work and get paid for what they can offer for me to give as a work labor.