Chapter Thirty Nine

Blaise stood in the doors of the small dormitory, his mouth curved into a slight frown as he knocked again.

After Desmos had told Blaise about the job, he had proceeded to go on about Ivy, an experienced girl specialising in interrogations, tortures and killing. Which brought him to now, banging his knuckles against the coarse wood repetitively. The thought of someone specializing in torture perturbed him. He made a note to not get too close to the girl.

Blaise continued to pound his fist against the door, his patience slowly beginning to run out.

He wanted this done and over with so he could get the damn promotion already. But it seemed like everyone was against him today. Minutes dragged by slowly as he continued to ram his arm into the door, he was about to leave when a voice startled him.

"No need to break down the door." A girl said, her voice rigid. Blaise stiffly turned around, a girl, not over eighteen with black hair and piercing green eyes stood in front of him. She raised an eyebrow. "Who are you and what do you want?"

Blaise scoffed at the girl's abrasiveness. Which one of them spent a solid three minutes knocking on the other's door again?"Blaise. Desmos sent me to look for an Ivy, she's... an acquaintance of mine."

The girl narrowed her eyes. "She doesn't know you, and I know you're not acquaintances."

"And how would you know that?"

"What sort of idiot goes knocking on a girl's door and doesn't assume the girl who answers is the one he's looking for?"

"Oh." Blaise's lips twisted into a slightly irritated smile."Nice to meet you, partner." He held out a hand.

Ivy stared at the hand for a moment before her eyes made their way back to Blaise's. Blaise allowed his hand to fall limply to his side. "Don't call me that. Partner assumes I want to do this." Ivy noted dryly. "Let's go inside and you can fill me in on the details." She frowned.

Blaise nodded, not really looking forward to having to spend at least an hour with the cold girl.

Ivy took a key out of her pocket and unlocked the door. She made a motion with her right hand for Blaise to follow her. "Don't touch anything."

The small dorm was pristine and organised. Ivy sat down on the couch and Blaise took a chair. Blaise sat down, and after a second of Ivy eying him, he began to talk.

A/N Thank y'all so much for reading! Hop you enjoyed! Stay safe!